Best Box With Child Friendly UI?

isdbnull

I presently have a Sky+HD box in the living room and a cheap Openbox in the spare room for my football viewing. However, I'm going to have to cancel Sky soon and need to think of alternatives. The Sky+HD box is great for my young kids. They can go to the menu and find the Kids section, they can select the recorded programs that we've accumulated for them, and they can't access anything adult or broadcast or recorded after 9pm without a PIN. I can't imagine there's anything out there that will quite compare, but does anybody know of any boxes that are particularly strong in this area?
The only boxes that I am familiar with are the Openbox V5S and the Zgemma Star 2S with a Vix build but neither come close to what I'd like.

Vu solo 2 :)

Just get abm e2 from plugins and turn adult off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wow, thanks guys. I just watched a YouTube video of the Vu Solo 2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMsdoJyX6sI. It's perfect! Does your UI look exactly like this? Is there a way to make the Zgemma or XTrend use that UI or is that native to the Vu? Apologies for my ignorance. I can see it's obviously something to do with Openvix at the start of the video, and the comments mention that it's a "skin", but on the assumption that a skin is just a sort of superficial theming of the graphical appearance I think it would take a lot more than that to make the Zgemma that I bought my Dad operate like that. Or would it?

Yeah it's a openvix skin, also the zgemma can run openvix but not a genuine version. The vu solo 2 or the xtrend will run the genuine version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. I'm going to get a shot of the old man's Zgemma box tonight to play around with. That should allow me to get a much clearer idea of what I can and can't do with these boxes.

if you get an enigma2 box (vu/zgemma etc), my new slyk 1 HD skin is what you are after. It's new and improved over the skin in the youtube video.

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...aka-bluehd2-version-1-available-download.html

That's superb, thanks. I've got your skin all loaded up along with the Sucmnsee Vix build and it looks amazing. The only thing I couldn't get to work was the EXE program didn't seem to be sending the bootscreen image to the box, but that's a minor detail.

This has definitely persuaded me to invest in a new box for myself. The only thing I couldn't get to work on the Zgemma was the age-based parental control, but I'll research that some time. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

parental control is confusing.

Turn it on in the parental menu. then you have to go to channel select (tv button) scroll to the bouquet/channel you want to block. Press menu and add parental control to it there.

Back