Best cable box on the market atm?

Worzel1

Looking for a new cable box, not sure what to go with!
I've looked at lots of reviews, ZGemma, miracle box, Technomate, vu and cannot make up my mind.
I've got a line on my 780 but it just looks s*** and need HD
I haven't got a budget, however I'd say 250-300 should cover it for cash.
Nothing to complicated either, I drink a lot of whiskey and it messes with my brain :drunk burp:

Thanks in advance

Worzel :whacko:

Look at the Xtrend ET 8500 twin tuner for cable, at £179 it's a bargain given the speed of the processor etc.
If you want cheap look at the zgemma H2H (it's combo receiver for sat and cable but if your only needing a single cable tuner it's a good and quick)

You may as well go for a twin tuner with a Hdd for that type of money
then you can record and watch another channel while recording.

Miraclebox Premium Twin+ Plus 2x DVB-C/T2 Linux £209 then add a Hdd. Will put you around the £250 mark

I have the triple so it has a sat tuner too, great box. (Look for a box that says 2 x DVB C/T that's a cable/hybrid tuner)

When you are paying top dollar any of the main boxes will be good Vu, Gigablue, Xtrend etc

Buy from WOS flashed with openvix

There isn't a guide on here for openATV that's why I suggested Vix

Why not post one if you use it ?

The vix guide is here

Happy with my Mut@nt HD2400, only use it for sat myself but it can be configured to use up to 4 sat or cable tuners.

The Mutant 2400HD great box [emoji3]

Bees, I'm going to make a guide based on openATV setting up say a H2H from Scatch. Where do you think I should post it?

If it's specific for the Zgemma put it in that section,

If it applies to any E2 type box stick it in the general cable section like the vix guide

I'll put it in the general cable guide it will apply for any E2 box really, but I'll use the H2H for the process [emoji106]

Openatv setup guide would be good as flashed it the other day on my mutant and could not fathom out the menu structure. No autoboquetmake as with vix etc

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

No you can use same image for both sat and cable. You just set it up in tuner config

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ok, after months of deliberation on what box to get I went with the Duo2, sat and cable.

Done a shed load of reading, especially Bees tutorials so a big thanks to all you fellas that pushed me in the right direction.
I still have many questions for you all so look out for me in the duo2 section

Regards

Worzel

It's nice to see people popping back in to the threads, so many don't. Yes please keep us updated, Im sure there's a few of us always interested in hearing good and bad points about receivers :-)

By the way, for anybody thinking of getting that Gigablue box in the link further up, I have it and I think it's the dog's bollocks.

By the way, for anybody thinking of getting that Gigablue box in the link further up, I have it and I think it's the dog's bollocks.

Just curious had option was going to go with the miraclebox but W.O.S sold out so was going to go with Gigablue, but W.O.S said upto me but Xtrend ET8500 has a faster Processor.

My question is with the Xtrend 8500 having this driver issue which I have been assured will be fixed in next openvix release have I made a mistake???

Don't get me wrong the Xtrend is an amazing box but annoying until the fix aint released I cant watch and record at the moment.

Thanks

Just curious had option was going to go with the miraclebox but W.O.S sold out so was going to go with Gigablue, but W.O.S said upto me but Xtrend ET8500 has a faster Processor.

My question is with the Xtrend 8500 having this driver issue which I have been assured will be fixed in next openvix release have I made a mistake???

Don't get me wrong the Xtrend is an amazing box but annoying until the fix aint released I cant watch and record at the moment.

Thanks
The xtrend has a 1.3ghz processor, the gigablue has a 750ghz processor, so you were given the right advice.
Agreed the driver issue is annoying, it's probably putting people off buying so the sooner the better for the update.

Back