Best Hard Drive for Zgemma Star S2 [ QUICK Reply needed ]

NeVeR

Hi All,

My g/f is asking me what i want for my birthday and i'm thinking of asking for a HDD for my new box..

She is going out tonight to get one... so I need an answer quick.. I don't want to waste money on something that won't work.

Does anyone have any ideas ? / suggestions ?

Something from Argos.ie would be best as she will be in that shop.

Thanks.

I'm using a WD 1TB PC internal HDD I had lying around and put it into a powered box you can buy from PC World. Works very well and not dear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your going to need an external powerd hard drive to save stress on usb port and drive

Any proof of this? I've read it in a few places, and it smells like utter rubbish to be honest. I use a Toshiba Canvio 1TB usb3.0 portable drive and it has never missed a beat. Timeshift/epg/picons live in a 64gb SanDisk ultrafit in the front USB slot, so the Toshiba is just handling recordings and then switches off.

Thats why it hasnt missed a beat. Hdd is only handling records.
But its not just down to the hdd ( and up until recently usb2 externally powered drives performed better. Not sure any more tbh.)

But if u revert to vix hades everything works perfectly. You can actually record 3 hd and timeshift back and forward a 4th. On similar transponders.
So its a hard question to answer anymore. But i choose 3.5"hdds in cit enclosures for mine.

---------- Post Merged at 07:38 PM ----------

And happy birthday dude :happybirthday:

Thats why it hasnt missed a beat. Hdd is only handling records.
But its not just down to the hdd ( and up until recently usb2 externally powered drives performed better. Not sure any more tbh.)

But if u revert to vix hades everything works perfectly. You can actually record 3 hd and timeshift back and forward a 4th. On similar transponders.
So its a hard question to answer anymore. But i choose 3.5"hdds in cit enclosures for mine.

---------- Post Merged at 07:38 PM ----------

And happy birthday dude :happybirthday:

Who's birthday is it?

Back