Best tv

So has Sony Oled tvs taken over this year? Because I remember it was LG the award winning last year.
Sony won last year with the A95L that had a Samsung QD OLED panel. They will probably win again this year but their TVS are to expensive imo.

Thanks all, I'm stumped with all the reviews and cant figure why so many get 10/10 on avforums and then you read, poor remote, no hdr10+ and so on. My worry is poor motion and burn in. That sony A95L gets good reviews but I saw lots of stuff about lip sync on sony's and I did buy a 55 sony 2 years ago for the OTH, as a standby, but screen was too big. While I had it lip sync was poor. Swopped to a 43 and could only fix lip sync with optical out.

I think QLED means QUANTUM DOT and makes OLED even better. This one is also higly recommended Samsung S90C.

For some reason I am drawn to the LGC3
I personally would get the G3 over the C3 because of the MLA technology.
Well that’s the one I am going for.

The G3 comes with no stand and the stand is £150.00 extra. I have brought the Pioneer back to like, turned off last night using Power button on set and unplugged from wall. That was at 8.30pm and turned back on at wall at 6.38 tonight, pressed power button on tv and straight to solid blue. Happy days. Also found a link where I can replace 2 boards for £400. but not in Uk so extra charges may be over the top.

Now that bit about MLA is really helpful and I intend to mount tv on a wall thing anyway. My TV is in a corner so eventually found a corner mount. G3 is now on my list.

The G3 comes with no stand and the stand is £150.00 extra. I have brought the Pioneer back to like, turned off last night using Power button on set and unplugged from wall. That was at 8.30pm and turned back on at wall at 6.38 tonight, pressed power button on tv and straight to solid blue. Happy days. Also found a link where I can replace 2 boards for £400. but not in Uk so extra charges may be over the top.

Now that bit about MLA is really helpful and I intend to mount tv on a wall thing anyway. My TV is in a corner so eventually found a corner mount. G3 is now on my list.
The G3 was designed to be wall mounted and is pretty flush fit as well.
The new g4 comes with a stand.
I will not be purchasing the LG stand for the G3 as it’s silly money for just a stand.
I will just find an appropriate one to suit and it will be a lot cheaper.

I hope no one minds adding another question in here, but I figured it was better than another thread with same topic.

I'm stuck on upgrading my Roku TV series 4 49S405 located in a bright room with a bay window. Per Rtings, should I look into one of the Samsung S90C, Sony X93? I'd like a 65inch tv and could wait until the holidays if needed. Current tv isn't bright enough to handle 4k, but FHD is a nice watch. It shouldn't bug me, but it does.

In a bright room I would just look at LED ones and then go by price. There are only a few factors for a bright room, reflections, brightness and viewing angle. I only know this when I was contemplating putting a tv in the patio but it then started to rain so gave up.:laughing:

In a bright room I would just look at LED ones and then go by price. There are only a few factors for a bright room, reflections, brightness and viewing angle. I only know this when I was contemplating putting a tv in the patio but it then started to rain so gave up.:laughing:
This year’s LG OLED with MLA and the Sony and Samsung QD OLED TVs have a peak brightness of 3000 bits.
Which is ideal for a bright room setting.
TCL flagship QD Mini-led from last year could hit a peak brightness of 5000 nits.
But not every one is after watching a tv in a brightly lit room. But if you need a tv in an outside setting then you are going to need it to be bright.

All changed now, with the latest OLED's. They can work well in very bright rooms. They kick out some crazy amount of peak brightness these days.

All changed now, with the latest OLED's. They can work well in very bright rooms. They kick out some crazy amount of peak brightness these days.
That’s why I haven’t bought a new OLED as they haven’t improved much in the last six years and haven’t even managed to break 800 nits peak brightness until last year with with the LG G3 1500 nits with MLA technology.
Which is the main reason why I will be buying a new TV this year.
The LG 2024 OLED MLA panels hit 3000 nits and also the 2024 Samsung QD OLED panels do as well. The improvements are big in peak brightness.
Also the Ai powered technology is getting better now also.

That’s why I haven’t bought a new OLED as they haven’t improved much in the last six years and haven’t even managed to break 800 nits peak brightness until last year with with the LG G3 1500 nits with MLA technology.
Which is the main reason why I will be buying a new TV this year.
The LG 2024 OLED MLA panels hit 3000 nits and also the 2024 Samsung QD OLED panels do as well. The improvements are big in peak brightness.
Also the Ai powered technology is getting better now also.

FWIW I have had the LG OLED's since E6 and I've never struggled in bright rooms. Although it's never been perfect (even with my current G1) I'm tempted with the G4. My main gripe has been WebOS, it's sloooooow! Hoping that abetter on the latest gen..

When I see brigthness I think of burn in and would prefer LED/LCD but I am only getting back into TV's since 2009 and things may have improved. Have seen a bit about burn in.
If I can fix my Pioneer I will keep it.

What are these new TV's like for motion and lip sync? I use a denon av/amp and lip sync is not nice, poor motion would drive me insane.

Well the first thing is the price £2399.00 for the 55", G3 is £1349. And I think a lot of the tweaks are aimed at gamers. There is also this early adopter syndrome ie want the best. There is an av forum where all good tv's are reviewed. It is a work of art and reading them is a joy. The LG has apparently, a sh-t remote and you pay £2399. !! But all I do is turn on the TV select source and ditch the remote. I bet LG realise that.

I just hope I can fix my LX5090 and wait as that G4 should drop a lot.

So what’s the difference in G4 and G3?
Twice the peak brightness and a faster processor, which will improve the AI power and the os.
The G4 also comes with a stand.
The G3 1500 nits peak brightness will be plenty for me as I don’t have a well lit room.
Also the the G3 will be discounted this year and the upgrade of the new G4 doesn’t seem worth the extra cost imo.
I will probably watch a few more comparison videos and reviews and probably make my mind up then. But at the moment I think the the G3 will suit my needs and who doesn’t like saving money.

That's the secret if you find a TV good value and like then job done. Reading through all the bits they have come on in leaps and bounds and that G4 seems to have reached the peak but no doubt something else will change. I just noticed its possible to do calibration oneself now for about $145.00 . Worth it for an expensive TV.

Back