Best way to achieve 3 way split

le0pard

Hi,

I need to split my VM cable that's currently providing broadband.

I want to split it into two tv points so I'll need a 3 way split.

What's the best way to achieve this ?

Should I buy two 2 way splitters and feed the two tv from the second in line splitter or get a 3 way splitter and feed all 3 from that ?

Would anyone recommend and high quality 3 way splitter ?

i was lucky in getting tratec 3 and 4 way splitter 5-1000mhz.
i see wos doing i think lapgear ones?

I've got a 3 way 5-1000 splitter where the line comes in and a 6 way 5-1000 in the loft and all good. Bought from Amazon.

no one listens dont use 5-24500 mhz lol,only 5-1000mhz.

I use 5-24500 splitters in my house without a problem & have been doing so for years.

I currently run four boxes with no problem so there is not a problem with these splitters but you need to use best quality cables too :LOL:

There's always a debate about what type of splitter to use, from personal experience I've found the tractec ones as used by VM themselves to give the best results.
Cable is always another debate, but from personal experiences I've again found using WF100 that contains a solid copper core to be best.
5b56bde861a24b3f76bb1fc1ad01c01a.jpg

I use the labgear 5-24500 mhz splitter from Screwfix, works well so would be interested in hearing why you claim they don't work and/or shouldn't be used

I also use the same splitter with no problems and good signal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remember other members having issues with wrong splitters,so if you want to do everything wrong i cant stop you.

its like oil for a car but there are vital differences as one can seize your engine and another can lengthen the life of your engine.

but you havent said why the labgear from screwfix is wrong, you may well be right it what you say but I'm asking why it is?

vm use frequency between 5 - 1000mhz as when you click on the channels it may give a low number 160.0000 or a higher one say for hd 785.0000 and by adding the wrong one into cables interference can be picked up.

remember other members having issues with wrong splitters,so if you want to do everything wrong i cant stop you.

its like oil for a car but there are vital differences as one can seize your engine and another can lengthen the life of your engine.

cactikid is off his box i would not take him an :LOL:

Back