Best way to lock down OpenATV image?

waqy

Hey everyone,

Noticed today that my Tuner A (USALS motor) was in use whilst someone was watching 28.2 on Tuner B

I've checked on Openwebif and it seems like my box has been compromised, and someone is streaming from my box! :X3:

What I've done so far:

1. Created a new user called admin and created a totally new password
  2. Changed my root account's password
  3. Changed the Openwebif port number
  4. Enabled authnetication for streaming (this wasn't on before)
  5. Disabled remote access for root user
  6. Changed streaming port number
Does anyone else have any other suggestions please? Anything I could have missed out?

Thank you!!

openwebif does not even need port number or ipaddress if on same network they only need box name and don't think you even need password unless using terminal but I maybe wrong.

Is it not like router has an open backdoor port when people want to log in from outside their network.

Have you forwarded ports on your router to allow remote access to your box?
Was the streaming from your home network or from an external source?

Menu > Information > Streaming
The above menu will show who is streaming

Following command will also show who is connected to box
netstat

@Abu Baniaz Yes I had the openwebif and stream ports open on my router, so I could access the box and stream channels when away from home.

The streaming was from an external source, watching a channel on a european satellite that I know for sure no one would watch at home

I've since changed both the http port for openwebif, and the streaming port too. I've also changed the root password and enabled stream authentication

I''ll keep an eye on it for now and see what happens

I just heard my dish turn randomly to 28.2E and the following info is on OpenWebIF:

OnlJQtF.png

What is going on? It's the local IP address of the box too

Is my box losing its mind? :ROFLMAO:

Edit: the "client" seems to have disconnected already

You are better off setting up SSH keys on your box if you are determined to make it accessible from the Interweb. There is a thread by Pembo on another forum from 2015.

Back