Best way to send signal to 2 other tv's with remote control function

twalbiee

Hi guys i have recently put a zgemma 2s in at my mothers house and she used to run a sky system with magic eyes which this will not do, i am wondering what is the best and cheapest way to get this to 2 other tv with remote control support so they can change channels etc in the bedroom or dining room. Quality is of importance but seeing how it is only sending a sd signal isnt of paramount importance. Looked at rf modulators and wireless video senders but a bit confused over which would suit there needs best and there budget. A bit of guidance would be helpful.

Thanks for that i am looking at them at the moment and will need a video to scart lead as well i guess, Any idea how good wireless video senders are ?

You just need an RF modulator.

Presumably she used to use Sky's RF2 out socket, correct ? You need to replace that with an RF modulator that converts red/yellow/white to RF coax.

You then need any old android device running the timote app to control the box.

NOTE: I was told that the triax link thing was no help in exactly this situation

Last edited:
She used the rf2 out yeah so will look at rf modulator. Only problem is I think she wants a typical remote ie the zgemma replacement ones for £8 and not use her phone. Mums eh !!!!

Unless I am missing something, additional remotes won't be any use as the zgemma doesn't have any sort of 'magic eye' functionality - there is no RF socket for the 2s to receive the signal ( even if it could process it )

I've used an awesome thing called a powermid. It's two pyramids. Put the sender in the room you want to watch telly in and the receiver in the room with the zgemma. Then when you point the remote at the sender it transmits the ir to rf then sends it to the receiver pyramid which turns it back to ir to the box. Probably much cheaper versions but I got this from my bro years ago and has been in use for different thing for about twenty years now. Marmitek PowerMid XL infrared extender set:Amazon.co.uk:Electronics

Matt_E, that sounds awesome. Do you know how the pyramids talk to each other. As if it is WiFi, the WiFi signal is rubbish in my house.

I've had mine for longer than I've had the Internet. So before wifi. They have little radio aerials on them. When you point the remote at the sender it converts the infrared to radio frequency ( which is how it is able to travel through walls etc) then the receiver pyramid concert picks it up and converts it back to infrared and it sends it to the box. Nothing extra is needed and no setting up. Just plug into sockets and away you go ( this is just for the remote though. You'd still need to use a rf modulator or something for the picture)

You can get AV / IR video senders for around £30 which will combine wireless picture and Remote functions being sent to the TV in the bedroom allowing a 2nd S2 remote to operate the box downstairs
Just search AV Senders look for ones operating on 5.8ghz as there should be less interference from other electrical signals in your house on the wave. Ebay is probably your friend.

Back