Better EPG ?

NeVeR

Hi All,

I've a Openbox V8s and it currently only has an EPG of 2 shows.. whats on now and whats on next,

Is there anything I can do to install / add a better one ? One that would give a few days or something.

Yes, you can put a usb drive in and change over the tv guide to xmltv and this will give you a better guide.

Here is how to do it.
Press setup, now go to epg plus time setting then go to epg default and change it to xmltv then press enter, there you switch the UK settings to on.
Now look down at the bottom and you will see a red button that says update, press ok and make sure you have a formatted usb drive inserted
which you will leave in.

Hope this helps.

Hi I've just followed what was put on here regarding the epg but my v5 open box doesn't have all the programmes listed for all channels some have no listing at all am I using the wrong epg for a v5.

Apologies if I shouldn't be replying on thread thought it was better than creating another thread

I've also noticed some channels have the wrong information saying it's one show and it's another is this normal?

Last edited:
OK thanks is there a thread for an epg or a way to get the listings on a v5

Go to the settings menu screen- click on system settings (looks like a profile picture silhouette)- scroll down to 'EPG and Time setting' until it is highlighted-press 'ok' on remote- on new menu highlight 'EPG default setting' and scroll with left/right button on remote to get 'internet (XMLTV)' - Ensure the GMT offset is set to 'UTC+00.00'- ensure 'summertime' is set to off (when the clocks change in March set this to 'on')- scroll down to 'XMLTV setting' and press 'OK'- top of the list should be 'United Kingdom' ensure it is highlighted then press the red button on the remote control and the update process should begin. This will take a fair time to complete but at the end you should have an up to date EPG. I have never known the 'automatic' update to work so I just do a manual update when it's needed...I choose every day but I have waited 2-3 days before the EPG needed updating.
I hope that helps.

The auto update used to work before the latest filmware update, what I do now is turn auto update off then back on every couple of days or so, next time the box is turned off (standby) EPG will flash on the box and the EPG will update by itself.

Back