better epg

macmain

hello, inlaws have an openbox.. and its a bit fiddly for them to update the epg..
so im after a new box that will do this automaticlly, how does the VU+ zero or solo do with this??

any input or sudgestions please

mmm looks good.. thats the kinda price id be happy with too. if it makes things easier for them.. although a dual tuner wouldnt be needed.
ive seen some boxes have the sky type epg .. ill just see if anymore have input

just been looking at the vu +solo nice box. this would have the sky skin??

Last edited:
ok if you just want a single tuner vu zero will knock the socks of a zgemma and can run vix image.they can run your skin and have 7 day epg.

cheers.. does the epg autoupdate??
noticed the forum dosnt have a vu+ zero section??

Last edited:
yes the EPG can be set to auto update on Vix, you can only run the slyskin or BlueHD which will give them that slybox look which may help feel easier to use. As catkid said if your looking for a sinhle tuner box then the Vu zero will be a great box, if you want a twin tunder look at the Xpeed LX2 its a cheaper Vix supported box, the problem with the zgemma is it wont update the software in the background as its not supported.

any chance of a pm for a recomended supplier of the zero.

also whats the best image?

Last edited:
home of vix like any other linux box is wos genuine boxes only and most of us have bought many boxes there.

cheers alcable, yer done a few have ftp software etc. see how it goes may even get one to replace my blade media. although i dont have any issues with it..

cheers mike, yes have a usb in the openbox at the min, have an old ps3 HDD in the back of my blade.. :smoke rings:

Zero has come , after 3 attempts to deliver it :boo:.. every time i put deliver to a neighbour.. arrrgghhhhh.. lol.
anyway.. everything has gone well, followed a tut.. and found that the cccam.cfg file wasnt there.. like the tut said . so just thought id make one using filezila. and all worked..
been messing about quite a bit so i have lots of repeated channels etc..
just a couple questions..
i have blue hd skin on.. how do i wipe channels clean now ..
and set up the best channel lists ands bouqets etc.. like a channels reset..

how do you guys have it set up.. Ta all

Back