Bit of guidance ;-)

Noste500

I've bought a Xpeed LX2 box and it's loaded with vix image , a very helpfull member on here has a backup loaded with a different image on it . I am trying to load the other image but do I need to factory re-set the box to remove the vix image ? before I can load the backup ?
cheers in advance

No you don't need to do anything, just:
1) unzip the file
2) place the cloudix folder on a blank USB stick (formated to fat32)
3) Place the USB stick in the back of your Xpeed LX2 and turn the box on
4) Wait untill the install in complete
5) Turn off the box, remove the USB and start the box

The image should be installed once its says done on the LCD display or can take upto 15 mins to install, then just got step 5. Just remember to use the rear USB port and not the front.

Last edited:
Tried the above and it's just staying on the "home screen" with openvix at top right corner.
the box just says "booting" whilst this happens .

to unzip the file I have extracted it , and saved it to usb dongle that has been formatted first.

what am I doing wrong ?
cheers

Tried the above and it's just staying on the "home screen" with openvix at top right corner.
the box just says "booting" whilst this happens .

to unzip the file I have extracted it , and saved it to usb dongle that has been formatted first.

what am I doing wrong ?
cheers

icon14.png
How to Flash Golden Interstar Xpeed LX1 and LX2

Flashing the Receiver.

1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-Apollo.064-xpeedlx_usb, you will see another folder named xpeedlx, this is your image file. Copy the entire xpeedlx folder directly to the USB stick
4. Fully power the receiver down via the rear rocker switch.
5. Make sure no USB devices are plugged into the receiver at this point.
6. Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
7. Power the receiver on.
8. When the receiver powers up you will see the message “press arrow UP to upgrade” on the receivers display. Press the '+' button now on front panel.
9. During the flashing process you should see the message “upgrading” on the receivers, DO NOT power the receiver down during this process.
10. If successful the receiver will reboot it self after the flashing process has completed.

Your maybe missing out number 8.?

Cleaned my usb with hddu and formatted to fat32. Still just says booting on the box .
i could try another usb or just run with vix team image ,( as it is preloaded ) was wanting to load an existing backup as I havnt the knowledge at present to set one up from scratch..so might be a big hurdle ...
unless I am extracting incorrectly ??

try vix for a week as i only use it on all my boxes,if not happy then you can flash other image but do a backup of vix so if not happy can reload it.

Can you get to the menus ?

If not download the latest apollo image from wos for your box flash it as explained
then follow this here

It's for combos so don't bother with the cable side just set both sat tuners up the same

Thanks .
That's an option but I wanted less stress to start the learning curve.
how do I get the box back to startup wizard ? As I didn't get that done properly by the looks of it.
;-(

---------- Post Merged at 10:11 PM ----------

Yes bees I was just looking at your guide whilst typing that response above directed at the previous post.
cheers

So I've had a play around with the menus and set the epg to usb drive.
will try and load up a Nline in the morn . Only got 1 signal in at mo , will do other later when connected.
the lhs of the frame is off the screen , how do I sort that out ?
cheers

just to add this is with the preloaded vix image

user interface from setup page allows you to get picture to fit screen of tv,position setup-

Attachments

• position setup.jpg
    position setup.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 10
Back