Blade 8000deferent

kaissi

Happy new year everyone. I got the blade 8000 a few days ago, and I need to give you my perspective on this box. This box is different from the 7000. It has a different menu, and a different tuner. From the way the blade media web site described this receiver , they made it sound identical to the 7000( that's misleading ) . This box is identical to the technomate m3 in picture quality, blind scan , and preformance.

blindscan on this box is fast and accurate , but I find the tuner is less sensitive than the blade 7000 combo.

picture quality ( in my opinion ) doesn't come close to the 7000 combo. It's not as sharp and vibrant as the 7000.

also, as of now, there's no iptv on this box.

now, I'm not saying it's a bed receiver, it's good for the money, but my advice is: if you have a blade 7000, don't get rid of it ( they just don't make them like this any more).

---------- Post Merged at 02:27 PM ----------

Sorry for the thread typo( stupid iPad). I just meant to say blade 8000. I'm not able to correct the title.

do you think they will mass produce a t model and not a c model,what is the kv 850 before and after flashing?

HTML:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aidWqDUPqi0

V8s combo is the same, sold into irleand to recieve Saorview plus sat channels.

I know what your saying about the cable side but that's the way they are being sold at the moment.

I just think people will assume it's sat and cable because it's described as a "combo"

The BM8000

is a sat / terrestrial combo

not a sat / cable combo

hi mate your mistaken the BM8000 is a sat, terrestial and a cable tuner. The terrestial tuner is a hybrid which also functions a cable tuner. I am using one as we speak

yes your right its all three aparantly the firmware does not support scanning cable at pressent so i have been told, a colegue of mine has one but he needs a channel list so Does anyone know how to scan for cable channels or where to get a channel list for the 8000 thanks.
The BM8000

is a sat / terrestrial combo

not a sat / cable combo

hi mate your mistaken the BM8000 is a sat, terrestial and a cable tuner. The terrestial tuner is a hybrid which also functions a cable tuner. I am using one as we speak

Last edited:
The latest firmware is here

You should be able to scan for cable with it, so big thanks to Ron105
for passing it on

this is the latest firmware [150127]BM8000_109p which i saw on a different sat site but i could not download it cuz i wasnt a member. can someone upload the latest firmware please so i can start watching cable. also does the cable side work with the 105 firmware

External had problems

has anybody come across this problem with the Blade 8000, without the external hard drive connected all is well. When I connect the External drive all my pay channels are scrambled and there is no programe information. Disconnect the drive again and all is well.

Hi M8,

Struggling for quite a few day now.
Got a decent N line which is connected and live if i go t blade on line option can download the channel list for satellite but dish is not connected they wont work.

My trouble is with its tuner 2 scan, i have tried ver 104p, 105 and 109 of firmware and currently have 104p but my tuner 2 is not scanning any channel.
Tried power scan, auto scan manual scan almost everything but for some reason its just not canning any channal and i am going to give up on this box but you are my last hope f you can suggest something to fix my tuner 2 scan.
In my terrestrial scan there is no channel to scan please advise too if it has to don through terrestrial scan.

Thanks

Last edited:
Firmware 109 should be on the box, connect to the Ant In not the Sat F connector, Power scan, try 6952 (Telewest) instead of 6887 (NTL), scan from a live feed direct from the VM wallsocket without a splitter is best. Good box for Sat but cable side not so good because of channel lists.

Back