Blade BM7000S Still baffled and channel less...??? Help.!!

Hi guys, I'm still at a loss as to why this bloody BladeBM7000S box is showing all channels apart from fta as scrambled..We moved house last August and had it all reinstalled and for a while, all was good, then after a month or two,, channels were freezing...bloody annoying when you're trying to watch a grand prix, then everything packed up....before our line subscription ran out..!!!
Anyway, as we'd just moved it got left for a couple of months with other stuff to do. Last week I bought a line on a months subscription ...thinking a month would give me ample time to get the b*stard working again. This was my first time at trying to input a line myself, previously I'd paid someone else to do it who now refuses for reasons best known to their selves to come out and help, or even sell us a new box...Obviously dont want our money..
Anyway, I'm now on a second line issued by the same guy I bought the months sub from, and I've double checked I've put it in the Blade correctly. I've bought a brand new quality LAN lead to go into the Virgin media 'Superhub' which it worked ok with before, tried swapping over leads and back again (we've an LG 47 inch smart tv, internet works fine on that...), tried re booting box and router, and everything everything else I can think of. Gone through the beginers guide to Blade above meticulasly, but it still annoyingly keeps coming up with 'disconnected' in the 9991 menu' and all the sly channels are still frozen. I've spent a week at this off an d on and got no where..I've run out of ideas. Dont suppose anyone else has any or could the box be knackered? I don't know how to test it...It logs onto the internet from the menu ok....but I am baffled...and p*ssed off...Had the dish re aligned this week too by a guy who was interested in the card sharing stuff but had'nt done any as yet...

I would get a test line from elsewhere to see if it's a server problem.

You could have typed the line details in incorrectly.

menu - ipsettings is it showing ip address etc.. is dhcp on ?.
defo make sure your line is correctly inputted

Yes, yes, yes, and triple checking my line input, but still not playing ball...scrambled channels, disconnected line...Baffled and confused..

I've put another line on this afternoon, thats the third this week, triple checked I've put it on properly, still the same,wont connect, yet the DHCP is showing as connected...baffled and confused...

what version firmware you using ? mite be worth a try by changing that ..!!

---------- Post Merged at 05:46 PM ----------

I've put another line on this afternoon, thats the third this week, triple checked I've put it on properly, still the same,wont connect, yet the DHCP is showing as connected...baffled and confused...
you are pressing the red the connect button after you've inputted the line info in the 9991 menu??

The line is working, I've tested it this afternoon on my box and it connects no problem.

It must be an internet connection problem or a fault on the box. The only thing I can suggest
is to change your Ethernet cable, can you download a channel list from blade online ?

Is it flashing at the back of the box where you put your Ethernet cable in ?

Unfortunately, if the answer is yes to both of the above you may need a new box.

Last edited:
Hi, many thanks for your help today, I'm afraid the answer to both your questions is yes, although where the cable goes in the back of my router it is a flicker for both the smart tv and blade connections...and a flicker in the back of the blade...It is a brand new, quality lead. I think I'll give it a factory re set tommorrow and see what happens.

If you factory reset you will need to reload the firmware.
Put your line in again.
Check DHCP is set to "on".

I think we have exhausted all the possibilities and you may have to bite
the bullet with a new box.

BM5000s is £80, pretty much the same as what you have got.

Just waiting on the 7 Day EPG to be released

I would pay the extra few quid because the sky boxes F3, F5 etc
seem to be inundated with clones.

Hi, did a default re set this morning, re booted the router, uploaded the channel list and firmware, did a blind channel scan, and still exactly the same....scrambled channels and showing as disconnected on the 9991 menu.
Ithink I've tried an 'n line' before, with the usual results, so I've ordered a new Blade 5000 this morning to try...hopefully we'll get on line before the F1 season starts in march.... ;-)

Whaayyhayyyy, sorted out guys, got a new Blade 5000s, connected straight up no problems, so my old blade box was at fault all along. Many thanks for all your help, Cheers alfarich

Back