Blade Box please help

chrisg07

I'm looking to buy a Blade Box online from a guy trying to charge me £275 this includes all the sports channels etc. After the first year its £100 per year to subscribe to his service. I'm a little technical and thought i could just buy one for £49.99 and install the software myself.

Is this correct, could i just buy a box and install what he is offering me myself?

you will need a c-line or n-line to clear the channels im guessing you know what this is ? if so from what i have been told/read the box is closed source so you need to flash it with a patched firmware this is done by downlaoding the firmware putting it on a usb then flashing the firmware on the box this patched firmware now allows you to enter your c-line n-line this can be done by downloading the ccam file or newcamd file on to your usb or i believe you can just enter the c-line / n-line using the remote ( make sure its the correct firmware for the box i.e blade 5000 blade 7000 blade 8000) if you go in the blade part of the forum or search it there is a picture guide doing it on a blade 5000 i believe it is but im 99% sure its the same method on all blade boxes just different firmware) currently got 3 boxs and looking to add a bm8000

I have had a blade for about 5 yrs on the sat side great box , but do a bit of research out there as there is now some good box's out there with automatic epg etc , on my blade I have to do everything on the blade online service not the quickest , plus the guy was ripping you off big time as well £275 for box and line , man I almost choked on my cornflakes with that price .

Too expensive by far, buy a box of your choice, set it up and put in your own line.

Much cheaper and much better. Lots of people try the plug and play route at first.

They get shafted and come on here telling everyone they were shafted !!

Don't get shafted, get smart, read up and ask questions, we're a friendly bunch !! lol

Have a read here

Think of it like this, if it's a blade BM5000s they are £80, a decent line say £40, he is taking you for approx £150 for about 10 mins work.

When something goes wrong you won't have a clue, if you set it up yourself you will probably have a good idea how to fix it.

Have a look here

Have a go yourself, we all had a first box moment make it a good one lol

Last edited:
Get your Blade 5000 from here :www.satsecure.co.uk.I got 1 for a friend from them and it came flashed with a patched firmware ready with the cams setup.All you need to do is get a line off someone here and install it yourself.Read the instructions in the download section how to do it.Good luck

Back