blade media 5000s data

shepsta

Hi, im wanting to take my blade media 5000s to my caravan for the weekend as i go there every weekend, now im running a wifi dongle there with 15gb a month allowence, how much data would the blade media use? THANKS!!!

Why not try using the dongle at home first in your blade for an hour and then check the usage?? This will give you a rough idea of how many hours you can use it for.

Hi, im wanting to take my blade media 5000s to my caravan for the weekend as i go there every weekend, now im running a wifi dongle there with 15gb a month allowence, how much data would the blade media use? THANKS!!!

You'll hardly use any data at all. You're not streaming the picture with the Blade, you're decrypting the signal which doesn't require much data. 15gb would last you ages,I wouldn't worry. I've used a dongle before and had freezing and glitching problems,that could be an issue. Let us know how you get on. (y)

I was told to put the dongle in a laptop, play a radio station on mute, ethernet from laptop to box, it will
give a better connection to the box and stops the glitching.

Apparently this stops the connection dropping out as there has to be a small constant feed for the radio.

The box on it's own tries to connect intermittently, hence the glitching.

Not tried it yet, will give it a go in the caravan this summer, as I was getting glitching using a travel router connected to the box, kids could
use their Ipads on WiFi that way.

It hardly uses anything in the way of data.

Back