Blade Media popular questions answered.

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
FAQ

Here you will find answers to the most popular questions:

How do I play MKV & DivX files ? Press the F1 Key or the PLAY key on the remote control. This will bring up the list of all the playable files on your storage device. Then simply select the file by highlighing it and pressing OK to start the video.

I get no picture when i switch on box ? The box my be on HDMI 1080p setting and your TV can not handle that setting. Your TV may also show an "out of range" message onscreen. You can cycle thru the different settings by pressing the V Format button located near the bottom of your remote control. Each time you press the button the display resolution will change to the next one, eg. 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, etc.

What is the Default PIN No ? The default pin is 0000. If this does not work then it has been changed by the owner. If you cannot remember it then you will have to perform a factory reset, which will return the box to the state you purchased it in, ie: it will delete all channels and user settings, etc.

How do I view channels in 3D ? To view a 3D channel in 3D You will need a 3D ready TV and 3D Glasses. Simply go to the channel normally and you will see 3D.

How many channels can the BM7000s hold ? The BM7000s has the memory capacity to hold at least 10,000 channels, to satisfy the most demanding customers.

What format does the USB have to be and why do I sometimes get freezing on playback or recording ? The USB must be formatted in FAT32. There is a guide and software in the instructions section below that explains in more detail how to format your storage device properly for optimum performance. Please note: You will need a fast USB device to get good performance from PVR and media file playback. If the USB device is too slow you will get picture freezing and unstable box operation. USB Hard Drives are recommended over USB Flash drives because Flash Drives normally are not fast enough.

How do I move through Favorite groups quickly? To change through Favorite groups quickly you can press the << or >> buttons ( RWD or FF ) on the remote control. Alternatively you can press the GROUP button and select a Favorite group from the list.

How do I load a channel list that I have downloaded from the internet ? Save the channel list file (.cndf) to a memory stick and plug it into the box. Go to MENU > UTILITIES > DOWNLOAD. Now select your channel list and press OK. The box will ask you to save it to either Normal (recommended) or Default. Select Normal. ( The channel list stored in Normal area will be erased when a Factory Reset is performed. The channel list stored in Default area will not ).

How do I load new firmware that I have downloaded from the internet ?

Warning: Make sure you only flash the box with official software. Other software may damage the box.

Save the firmware file (.stb) to a memory stick and plug it into the box. Go to MENU > UTILITIES > DOWNLOAD. Now select your firmware file and press OK. The box will flash automatically.

How do I flash the box thru COM (RS232) Port ? Get the program STB Tool from this site. Connect box to PC and follow instructions on STB Tool program. With this program you can also flash the channel data files. This program is Windows only.

How do I edit and organise my channel lists on my PC ? Get the program NDFEdit from this site. This program is Windows only.

How do I enter Engineer Boot menu ? With box turned off, hold down MENU button on front panel and turn box on. You will enter the Engineer Boot Menu. From here you can select a file to flash, auto-flash and factory reset.

How do I get the radio player to work ? Simply press the TV/Radio button near the top left of the remote control and you can select a radio channel. If you are in Favorites mode rather than just listing All Channels simply press the GROUP key to select the All Satellites Group. You can now select from the list of radio channels just as though you were selecting a TV channel. To go back to TV press the TV/Radio button.

When I set a recording it is starting too late or finishing too early, missing the start or end of my programme. You can set the "lead in" and "lead out" times in the Time Settings menu. Press MENU > SYSTEM SETTINGS > TIMER LEAD TIME (No. 11). Simply set your desired times and the recording will start early and end later according to your wishes.

How do I record up to two channels while watching a third?

To perform multi-record, it is recommended that you use a fast USB storage device eg. USB2.0 Hard Drive. USB flash sticks may not give good performance, will be slow interacting, may make the box unstable or may not work at all, but you can try it.

To multi-record, press OK to show Channel List..... Press REC button on remote to start recording.... go to another channel on the same transponder.... press REC again (you may get "Record Full" message if USB is busy or slow, just try it again after a few seconds).... You now have two channels recording and you can now select a third channel on the same transponder to watch.

Do you have plans to add 7 Day EPG? Yes we have plans to add 7 Day EPG function but we do not have a date for release yet.

Can I stream movies from my PC or my friend's PC to my Blade?

Absolutely, yes!

You are able to connect to either a local IP address and play from your PC or an IP address across the internet... ie: across the internet means you can share your video library with your friend in another town or even country; they can browse your files and play them right across the internet. It works with the same file formats as playing from the USB... ie: DivX, Xvid, MKV, MPG1, MPG2, TS etc., etc. Please note: you will both need good internet speeds to do this. Please download the beta streaming software from this website.

Does the box require a card share set up to view premium channels ie sport, movies. Etc or do you just require a sky dish and a lan connection to the blade media box to get all the channels thanks for any help in regards to this question !!

Back