BM 5000 Blue light on - not responding

Hi guys,

I posted this in a another thread before - reposting here thinking this would be a better thread..

I pulled the trigger and got the the Blade BM5000. I played for about an hour last weekend while i got the hang of everything and it was working (not all channels but that required a second scan i think)

I then left it for 5 days and when I returned the front light was red. I could not change it with the remote or front buttons so turned it off for about 10 minutes with the switch at the back.
When I can turned the unit back on (back switch) the front light was blue BUT i cannot change anything with remote or front buttons.

The TV show the HDMI port that is is connected to when the light is on - and not when the box is powered off BUT there is no signal and screen is black

Anyone got any idea?

Thx

Moved to your own thread ~Jack, where you had posted didn't make sense, also deleted the other post in the Skybox section, definitely didn't make sense there, considering you have problems with a BM 5000. :dunno:
I personally have no experience of these boxes, but many others do.

Did you leave the box on for 5 days ?

Press the power button on the box (light goes blue) can you press the menu button on the box and get into the menus ?

If you can I would re flash the firmware again and start over.

Are you running the 7 day EPG firmware or just the firmware with the 9991 option ?

Thx bees,

yes - left it for 5 days.. the light had gone red before I rebooted it.

Now the light is blue immediately I plug in/ power on the unit.
Menu button on front does nothing - and nothing on screen
Does re-flashing require serial cable (hmm...not sure i still have all this kit.. LONG time ago) Humbug..

Thx again

If you can't get into the menu I am pretty stuck, I would think about returning it to the shop
and see what they say.

Or Email blade media and explain your problem, they are usually very helpful.

There was a boot fix for the BM7000s here

but I tried it on this box and couldn't get the menu to pop up. They may be
able to let you know if there is one for recovering this box.

Back