BM5000s freeze/glitch problem

Hi guys,

Wonder if anyone could help. Past week or two my two bm5000s have been glitching quite a bit. Even on channels which are FTV. I have actually tested them with three different routers. I have also done line tests with different servers but still the same problem is occurring. They worked fine for 2 months or so but it is getting very annoying now trying to watch channels and they keeps freezing or glitching constantly

Have you done the basics by powering off the box and router
for about a minute and letting the system reset itself ?

take out the ethernet cable or wireless bridge from the box also for a min and reset the connection in the network settings on the box once you put it back in.

This sometimes works

Have you done the basics by powering off the box and router
for about a minute and letting the system reset itself ?

Already tried that bees still the same

---------- Post Merged at 07:59 PM ----------

take out the ethernet cable or wireless bridge from the box also for a min and reset the connection in the network settings on the box once you put it back in.

This sometimes works

Already tried this too I'm afraid still same problem

If it is glitching on FTA and you have reset the system it
is now a matter of testing to rule things out.

Concentrate on just FTA channels for now.

That rules out any possibilities of server problems, which in this case doesn't sound like its
at their end.

This is what I would be checking, F connector to the box, recut the coax and refit it.

Check the signal quality and strength on a few channels, your dish might have moved slightly,
I use a portable one on a tripod sometimes and if the weather catches it,
it can start to pixelate the screen, then it can clear for a few secs then do it again. Still no joy !

Load original 9991 firmware,without the 7 day EPG upgrade, that is considered to be stable,in case it's a bad flash, compare your results.
No need to re enter your line at this stage it's all about getting a stable FTA picture.

After that you are looking at a faulty tuner in the box or something like that i guess.

If it is glitching on FTA and you have reset the system it
is now a matter of testing to rule things out.

Concentrate on just FTA channels for now.

That rules out any possibilities of server problems, which in this case doesn't sound like its
at their end.

This is what I would be checking, F connector to the box, recut the coax and refit it.

Check the signal quality and strength on a few channels, your dish might have moved slightly,
I use a portable one on a tripod sometimes and if the weather catches it,
it can start to pixelate the screen, then it can clear for a few secs then do it again. Still no joy !

Load original 9991 firmware,without the 7 day EPG upgrade, that is considered to be stable,in case it's a bad flash, compare your results.
No need to re enter your line at this stage it's all about getting a stable FTA picture.

After that you are looking at a faulty tuner in the box or something like that i guess.

Ok bees I recut the coax cable and refitted it to the dish today but now the box does not boot at all. When I take out the coax from the box it boots up fine but as soon as I put it back in the box reboots itself. No "boot" light on the display. It has a blue light on the box and all it keeps doing is going off and on. I only recut the coax for the downstairs box but since I done that the box upstairs has also stopped working and it is doing the exact same thing as the box downstairs

Box back up and running but still showing pixelated image quite often and glitching on FTA. Signal is 80% and strength is 70% surely that is enough?

Box back up and running but still showing pixelated image quite often and glitching on FTA. Signal is 80% and strength is 70% surely that is enough?
if both boxes are doing the same.i would re-flash using the non-epg +9991 firmware and see how you get on. or maybe change lnb on dish..!!

if both boxes are doing the same.i would re-flash using the non-epg +9991 firmware and see how you get on. or maybe change lnb on dish..!!

lloffty5 they are already on non epg mate
okey doke.i still think now its dish related, as both boxes affected

recently my bm5000s started getting a flashing black screen was really annoying and i couldn't seem to fix it! tried no epg firmware but in the end it was down to a cheap HD lead put a new HD laed in and its been fine since hope this helps

Back