BM7000 Bootup Error Fix - flashing red dot is on front panel

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
If when you turn on your receiver you are presented with just a flashing red dot on the LED panel this guide will get it back up and running.

Turn the box of via the rocker switch at the back.

When turning it back on hold the Menu button down on the front of the box, keep it pressed until you see this on your screen.

1.jpg

With the USB Adapter plugged in with the firmware on it select USB Download [Auto select] by pressing ok on your remote.

It will then start to search for the firmware on your USB adapter.

2.jpg

It will then find the firmware on the USB adapter and start to automatically install it.

3.jpg

It will run through the upgrade process, it can take a little while to finnish as it runs through 3 process updates.

4.jpg

Once finished it will auto reboot and run through the normal start up procedure.

Done :happy:

[SUB]Tutorial made by HiTeck for Techkings members, if you have to copy it please leave the watermarks in tact.[/SUB]

There can be other problems that cause this issue, faulty LNB also bad connection / coaxial.

i get 3 flashing red dots when i press the red standby button on remote. what does that mean? and sometimes it just sticks on that 3 flashing dots and does not go to standby. cheers

You get three blue dashes when powering on, that's normal, when powering off I get the single red dot, not heard of your issue but if it is powering up and down ok then it's nothing to do with this guide, this is for when the box wont power up at all.

sorry what i meant was, i get 3 tiny blue dots flashing when powering down and it sticks on that , and it doesnt power down sometime. so was wondering if any1 else had this problem.

sorry what i meant was, i get 3 tiny blue dots flashing when powering down and it sticks on that , and it doesnt power down sometime. so was wondering if any1 else had this problem.

Have you updated to the latest firmware or tried re-installing it also maybe a factory reset?.

I re-installed the latest f/w ( BM7000s-05-10-2011-7ex) couple of times, but not done a factory reset. so thats the next step then. never done a factory reset on a blade b4, so is it easy to set everything up again?

Hi
I downlloaded the latest firmware onto a usb stick and followed the instructions above. However the tv screen continues to be blank, the STB does not power up and the red light continues to flash.

Help .....

Back