Boot logo help

Hi everyone, still learning (but fast) and was wondering if anyone can help me out with a minor issue which in sure is easy to resolve. I've done a bare bones ATV set up as per kiddac suburb guide on a h2.s, added my own boot logo and wanted to make some adjustments which I've done but when I convert to mvi and send them it just doesn't show the updated boot screen. Any help will be greatly appreciated on this.

The first screen you seen when you boot up your box is called splash.bin. This can only be added on a reflash.

Use bootlogomatik software to create your mvi files and also to upload to your box. You only really need to add the bootlogo and bootlogo_wait

you can find this software in my dropbox on my slyk1hd thread at the top.

You need to do a full reboot to kick in the bootlogos, not just a gui restart. Sometimes you might have to reboot twice if its playing funny buggers.

kiddac have you got any info on how to update the splash.bin, thats the only logo im having trouble with replacing

Ive found the splash.bin in the openatv image i flashed my device with it seems to be called splash_auto.bin, how do i now create a new splash.bin? just rename the jpg to bin?
cant see it being that easy?

Last edited:
My boxes no longer flash splash.bin no matter what image I try and I have to manually flash them using the method mentioned in that thread. I also tried two new boxes and still got the same.

I would be interested to see if you have the same trouble Kidda C, I know it is a pain in the arse but as you are re-flashing today...... hint hint

If yours does replace the splash.bin using a USB flash, please send me your splash.bin you used to I can test. I think I am broken.

Last edited:
Any build, even a nightly build on the USB and flashed from turning on the box. Even the OpenATV splash.bin is not flashing. The build flashes as normal but not the splash.bin.

I used to use it to change peoples BOOT screen, the first 14 seconds, to reflect the build (as you know) but it just doesn't seem to work anymore.

I posted on OpenATV to be shrugged off. 5.3 No longer flashing splash.bin with nightly build Zgemma H2S

EDIT:

I know it used to work and the 2S in the kitchen has the BOOT screen changed to WooshBuild and I know I never did that manually but by flashing WooshBuild from USB like normal. You even created the image for me. I have not tried it recently on the 2S though. Only 3 H2S boxes. I have 2 more coming soon.

EDIT EDIT:

Benijofar's box was the same too.

Last edited:
I have done a sad video of my box booting so that everyone is clear that is is the screen which shows when the box says BOOT in he front display. In the case of the video it is the black screen with logos before the gray comfy chair screen. This shows on my box until the counter on the front display gets to 11. Some peoples boxes are just black and others have done what I have done which is manually changed the BOOT screen.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwt-fajTjTRkRFE2WnJ0bWFJYWM

Well interestingly I have just flashed a Edision Mini OS to with the OpenATV 5.3 nightly build which includes the standard splash.bin and it went on first go as it should do. So why oh why will it not with my H2S ?

Back