box bricked ??

Loady

Box is stuck on boot, have had this happen before, have done the low level format, I'm now using a 2gb flash just to try and boot the box, I have tested flash in a friends box and it flashes fine, this box just stays on boot whether USB stick is in or out, in front or back...I have tried holding front power down whilst powering on at back and have also tried to flash basebuild for the box, I cant access it via ftp as it is not even registering on my network, the Ethernet light flickers a tiny bit but not as much as it should..not really sure what else I can do.

I'm quite handy with a soldering iron, is there anyway to flash it with a jtag or similar console method ?

Last edited:
They can be jtagged but it's rare that they're properly bricked.
Did you use the same usb stick and flash file on your friend's box?

Try flashing Andy Mac's build for the H2 from downloads:

http://www.techkings.org/resources/andy-mc-open-atv-6-1.13/

that's the I wanted to flash when it went tits up, ive done it before when this happened once before, using low level format and pulling flash out after flash and rebooting. I would have had this sussed by now

I done that numerous times prior to doing a low level...it becomes a raw drive with no allocation..then I put partition

ok...so I sucked it done a low level format of the 16gb flash that was originally in it...no I can get to "FLSH" on the lcd but for a couple of seconds it changes to boot then back to flash..seems to be looping like this..i tried removing it to see if it would continue but I'm back to boot and green light.

EDIT: went on to try to flash bootloader..now the LED is blank, displays nothing with usb in or out

Last edited:
Back