box has slowed so badly since openatv 5.3!!

bigguy283

hi guys!
has anyone else box slowed right up (changing channels,remote not working on playback,menu taking ages)since updating to 5.3?
i so wanted to keep this 5.3 but it is so slow compared to vix 3,i will have to change back
thankls

hi sucmnsee!
i installed your latest vix image but i get skysports hd channels in the epg and no satanta channels!!
i have done as said ( not indexed channels to yes, roi to no, set my region to london sd) still get sports hd channels in epg and no satanta!!
i rebboted box as said lots of times , this is driving me crazy!!!
thanks

hi again!
thanks for replys , i will try again later,as i have reinstalled vix3.2030 and all back fine again lol
is 4.1 much better(quicker) as all i want is fast as possible with just webif ,as i like to see channels on my pc too!
thanks

just like to say vix is much much faster on my setup!! i get no lag ,no spinning disc, watch channel on pc while recording another channel on box, when i tried openatv 5.3 ,my box grined to halt.

yeah me too kiddac! you helped me loads on the 5.3, but it is just to slow if i was trying to record and use box at same time!
and i like to be able to watch a recording and use epg while watching lol. all possible on vix but not on open!
thanks again all you guys that help us sad old gits!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I seen that Vix 4.1 is out but it explicitly says to use it on the h2.h if i have a sat connection too. Atm i am waiting for the box to arrive and to start with i will just have cable going it. My question is this, is there another guide i can follow to install the latest image, i haven't done this before so i want to make sure that i don't brick it.

your probably right kiddac!! i am not the brightest lamp in the box,
but vix seems so much more responsive,on my box
i am not your enemy (i did try to get on with open) and you did your best to help me!

ok guys!
got my box on the new vix 4.1(i used vix and filezilla image backup) and working 100% on my region:cheers:
now just making my own full backup image
i guess i done my first complete backup image cool!!

Last edited:
So us vix lot was all smug about atv 5.3 slowing boxes down!
Just flashed latest 4.1 004 on my star s and wow it made the box unusable, literally slowed the box to a crawl, every button press brought up the spinner, soberish had the same issue with his star 2s, flashed back to 001 and box is fine again.
Anyone on vix and with a s series want to test 004 and see if they have the same issue? Looks like something with the update doesn't like the s series as 004 runs fine on my h2s.

So us vix lot was all smug about atv 5.3 slowing boxes down!
Just flashed latest 4.1 004 on my star s and wow it made the box unusable, literally slowed the box to a crawl, every button press brought up the spinner, soberish had the same issue with his star 2s, flashed back to 001 and box is fine again.
Anyone on vix and with a s series want to test 004 and see if they have the same issue? Looks like something with the update doesn't like the s series as 004 runs fine on my h2s.

I second that.

i think i got 4.1 but not sure of version! how do i find that out?
thanks

my box is running sweet by the was a star 2s!!

when i did image backup ,after i did some setting changes it gave me an image title of
sucmnseevix4,1,001zgemma2s-release-5.3.0-20160426_001958

so i guessed i was on 4.1.001 but my info on the box shows the following

Attachments

• information screen zgemma.jpg
    information screen zgemma.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Back