Box on or off?

Just a quickie tonight guys (ooh do behave!). I have an Openbox V5S (which if I'm correct is identical to the S*ybox F5S) but I only use it at the weekends really for the footy. I've been wondering if maybe it would be better switched off at the mains during the week as it isn't in use then. Has anyone had any issues, or heard of any, with booting the box up periodically from a 'mains' switch on as opposed to leaving it in standby and just turning it on from standby mode? Don't want to risk bricking my box. Thanks guys.

You can leave it in standby, wont hurt it plus if you have a drive attached you can set recordings of footy talk shows etc during the week and watch them on a weekend.

he said openbox are they not the shoddy ones that are running hot and can cause fire?

They are essentially the Skybox only rebadged and running genuine software. I've had it running since last April with absolutely no issues re heat etc. Basically, recently I've only been using it at weekends for the live footy as I'm busy during the week, hence my query re switching it off at the mains from Monday to Friday, and if anyone else has encountered boot up issues using the same method.

Got a skybox f5s running upstairs been on for over a year Never had a problem in stand by or on

I don't have an openbox V5 but have a Openbox V8 and my lad leaves it in standby all the time, never seen any issues or noticed any fires, lol

Got a skybox f5s running upstairs been on for over a year Never had a problem in stand by or on

Thanks guys. Never noticed any problems myself. Great wee box of tricks. I think I'll just leave it in standby. Maybe boot up once during the week just to keep it running a little. Would prefer to leave it in standby anyway rather than having to boot it up from a 'mains' start up. Good stuff everyone. ;)

Back