Box recommendation?

ped078

Iv'e read this post..
http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/58489-cable-boxes.html

And like the look of some of them, I'm after something a little faster than my Zgemma star 2h, and something that records as well, the recordings on the zgemma break ip & pixellate every few seconds, tried many usb sticks, even usb hard drive.

So I want a fast box, if I get one with two or dual DVB-C tuners, does that mean I can record one and watch another?

Regards

Hi, I am pretty new to this thing but I have got a h2s and I find it all works great. it has the dual DVB-C tuner so I can record one channel while watching another. plus, I don't have the issue with the playbacks pixelating.

Like I said, I am a newbie, but I hope this helps.

Checkout the Xtrend 8500, from W.of S, it's available with diferent combinations of plug and play tuners and has a good following on here.

Miraclebox Premium Twin+ Plus 2x DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready

Flashed with Openvix from WOS

Twin cable tuner, so you can record and watch another program, nice box. £209

Xtrend ET8500 2x DVB-C/T/T2 Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready £189

Pretty much the same spec as the miraclebox but it's a bit cheaper

Got the triple version of the miraclebox, 2 x cable and 1 x sat, same box just with an extra tuner.

You will have a spare slot if you wanted to add another at a later date.

I use a Toshiba external USB 3.0 Hdd, but it can take an internal one too, no recording issues at all.

Very pleased with it.

Last edited:
Yes, record one and watch another it just switches to the free tuner automatically

HTML:
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Miraclebox/Miraclebox-Premium-Twin-plus-2x-dvb-c-t-t2

Yep, that's the one, it's quick and as I said I haven't had any issues recording.

Nice bit of kit.

Order it pre flashed with Openvix

Then start reading here lol

It's for a combo, so just miss out the sat parts, it's pretty straight forward with the box in front of you.

Superb. Thanks for your help.

---------- Post Merged at 04:42 PM ----------

It doesn't let me select 2x DVB-C tuners, don't want it arriving with 2 x DVB-T / S-2 :/

The option is for a third tuner, the links
in post #12 and #13 are for a twin cable tuner.

The box can take up to three tuners in any combination.

So just select "not required"

Hi, Will this box "pause live tv" if I get a fixed hard drive with it please, as well as the kingston usb for the channel guide

Back