Box recommendations needed!

eits1000

Can you recommend a box, I don't need to record. I want something small, simple to use, yet gives excellent picture quality and is stable, I won't need to fiddle with for years to come. I have been very happy with the dreambox 500s but I gather there are HD boxes out there now which makes more sense.

Grateful for any responses.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

As you have posted in the satellite section, I'm gonna presume you want a satellite box.
Most HD is gone from Sat servers, only a few, BT, ITV, etc. left
Just be aware of this

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Yes thanks for that reply. I was looking g at a zgemma star 1, someone recommended with vix. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Zgemma is not supported by vix so you need to use a patched firmware or use open atv if you want a box supported by vix take a look at the Edision range if you don't want to spend a lot

I would recommend the box i use. I bought it as a first time user of enigma2. I'm very pleased with it and have used a patched version of vix from day one with no issues. I use the Zgemma H.2.s box. as your not requiring to record a twin tuner isn't necessary but i'd recommend it none the less. its a very stable box and can use 128 gig SD flash cards and/or external HHD's. again, i know your not recording, however, popping in a sd card will save you from using external HHD's and will not take up alot of space and look cool into the bargain :) another option is the Zgemma H.2.H. one tuner for Satellite and one for cable. also has a flash card slot.

Hope this helps

Back