British Woman 'Decapitated' In Tenerife

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
A British woman has been stabbed and decapitated in Tenerife.

631.jpg

Passers-by pinned down the Bulgarian suspect

[YOUTUBE]G9SOAhdq9Yw[/YOUTUBE]

The 60-year-old woman was reportedly attacked in a supermarket in the town of Los Cristianos on the island.

A Bulgarian man, believed to be homeless, has been detained by Spanish police.

A spokesman for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has said next of kin have been contacted.

Officials offered their condolences to the family of the victim and are also in contact with local authorities in Tenerife.

Spanish media reported that witnesses saw the man enter a Chinese supermarket at the Valdes Shopping Centre and, without saying a word, attacked the woman with a knife, cutting her head off.

A regional government spokeswoman said the killer is understood to have obtained a knife from inside the store to launch his attack.

Colin Kirby, of tenerifemagazine.com witnessed the event. He told Sky News: "It was all a bit surreal I was heading past the commercial centre and saw a group of people by the entrance and a medical guy going in form the health centre.

"I assumed someone had fainted, walked on, and then I could hear screaming and shouting.

"I glanced behind me and a guy was ambling down the street holding what I assumed to be a joke head, by the hair."

He said security guards gave chase to him, eventually managing to bring him down and restrain him.

"The guy did not seem completely right to me, he was a bit dishevelled, not particularly smart and as he was walking with the head he was muttering.

"It was a bizarre scene."

Manuel Reveron, a local a councillor for citizen security said: "Apparently this gentleman without any motive or any reason, although for this there is no reasoning, entered the shop and then cut this woman's neck and took the head in his hand outside up to the sidewalk.

"Then the security guard was able to throw him on the ground and we covered the macabre (sight)."

Los Cristianos is home to many British ex-pats.

holy crap that is unbelievable!
Surely someone could see it happening, id imagine the act itself would take some time to do!

Woman Named In Tenerife Decapitation Attack

Jennifer Mills-Westley who was stabbed and decapitated in Tenerife was "generous of heart" and "would do anything for anyone", her family have said.

628.jpg

Jennifer Mills-Westley was 'enjoying her retirement'

The 60-year-old Briton was killed in a supermarket in the town of Los Cristianos on the island on Friday.

Her daughter Sarah said in a statement that the family were devastated.

"Mum retired a number of years ago and was fully enjoying her retirement travelling between Tenerife and France where she spent time visiting her daughter and grandchildren, and her other daughter in Norfolk," she said.

"She was full of life, generous of heart, would do anything for anyone.

"We now have to find a way of living without her love and light and we would ask at this difficult time for some privacy as we try to come to terms with our loss."

Bulgarian Deyan Valentinov was arrested by Spanish police on suspicion of Ms Mills-Westley's murder.

The 28-year-old is reportedly homeless and has a history of mental health issues as well as a police record.

According to local newspaper La Opinion, Valentinov had received treatment at the psychiatric unit of a local hospital in February after being involved in previous violent incidents.

Back