Broadband usage.

bill1312

Hi!
I have an openbox at the moment and the broadband usage is astronomical. Will I find any difference with zgemma?

It should not of been the openbox causing high usage. They use very little broadband at all. I last checked mine when I had a skybox f3 and it was less than 500mb over the whole month. ( depending on your router/modem there should be an option to view traffic/usage on connected devices.
as it doesn't stream the videos it simple sends a couple of lines of code to 'unlock' the stream being sent to the sattelitte dish every xx seconds. ( is a bit more technical than that but that's it in a nutshell) that how one openbox/skybox were able to get away with selling ones that run on gprs sims.

So yea it should be the same as it's the same details being sent to unlock the stream. But it a very minimal amount of traffic.

Last edited:
What Matt_E says, I have a few boxes, some combo's (sly and VM) and combined they use less than 1GB per month, DD-WRT allows traffic monitoring, and they are on 24/7.

Well I think I have a problem, because so far this month I have used about 80GB. in past months I have used even more!

Back