bt home hub 4 help

colinawfb

hi guys

looking for some help here

i have a sky v8s box and have recently switched from skybroadband to bt and have home hub 4 .

my box is connected via ethernet home plugs and the problem is that all the premium channels are scrambled , the box is conneted to the internet as the weather app is working .
also i have contaced the server of the line and everything is fine at there end ,

ive read online that i may need to set up port forwarding but have no idea of where to start with that

all help is appreciated

thanks

Stop and start your line. If you weather is working the box I getting internet so pf isn't needed

try menu ccam mgcamd mgcamd manager newcamd.list make sure only 1 in there also try in ccam ccam manager cfg make delete any not yours

try menu ccam mgcamd mgcamd manager newcamd.list make sure only 1 in there also try in ccam ccam manager cfg make delete any not yours

Just looked , no other lines there , just the one , I've even deleted that and re entered it , no joy

How have you entered your line----and did you enter your own line when you used previous isp [sky]
I ask this because if you are new to the hobby it's very simple to make a small error when entering manually.
Reaper.

How have you entered your line----and did you enter your own line when you used previous isp [sky]
I ask this because if you are new to the hobby it's very simple to make a small error when entering manually.
Reaper.

I manually entered the line when it was sky broadband and worked fine , changed to by and just premium channels scrambled , I deleted and re-entered the line , the line says online and active

I've got pretty much the same problem although mine was working fine till this weekend (started Friday ) no premium channels at all,pretty much running out of ideas someone mentioned an updated channel list could that make this problem solved ?

The hub 4 uses 5ghz and most boxes etc use 2.4ghz therefore you can change the hub frequency settings so you have both but only connect to the one you need.How you do this is a mystery to me but I know you can do it so locate the hub 4 manual or google it etc and perhaps you will cure the issue.
Reaper.

Thanks for heads up alcable but it seems that smart connect just ain't smart connecting---if boxes are set up correct then all evidence points towards the hub not working as it should---answer=take the box for a walk to a friends house and test there, if it works then it's the hub, if it doesn't work then it's the box. Logical.
Reaper.

In link i posted above is ip of router click and and type in admin password on router click wireless can turn off smart thing there

Back