Bt openreach 5c phone socket question

Getrom29

I moved into a property it has 1 bt openreach phone/BB socket the face plate it off so showing the master socket. I ordered broadband with phoneline on my go live date do I need to just plug router into the master socket on the day... I have been given a phoneline number already.

Sorry for possibly silly question first time moving into my own place

Thanks

Filter goes into the socket, this should have been provided by BT with your router. Phone then plugs into 1 socket on the filter and the broadband cable plugs into the 2nd socket and then into the router.

With due respect (and i have no knowledge of BT services as i am in ROI) this is a question you should have asked when ordering the start date.
1. Do i need any other equipment?
2. Do you provide this equipment?
3. Is this self install, or will an engineer call?
4. Are simple instructions included?

With due respect (and i have no knowledge of BT services as i am in ROI) this is a question you should have asked when ordering the start date.
1. Do i need any other equipment?
2. Do you provide this equipment?
3. Is this self install, or will an engineer call?
4. Are simple instructions included?
True I was going to ring them but has they have given me a a home phone number assume everything ok do you think I should give them a call about the socket? I know it self install

I signed up with post office

Always best to call them if you are unsure, then at least you have peace of mind.

BT have always been very helpful when I have rang them. There is also a live chat option on the website under help.

I would certainly call them, these big companies have great big call centres specifically for these queries.
I imagine you are going to need a router of some description - are they going to provide it, or what one do they recommend that you buy.

If your socket has both phone and BB outlets then the filter is built in,
Simply plug your router into one side, and your phone into the other side.

Yep, seems fine. Filter into the socket, then DSL wire into the router and a seperate phone wire from the filter to a home phone (if needed)

Here a picture of the phone socket in my property they said plug the filter into the socket then then dsl wire into router. They supplied the zyxel amc 103 router

http://i66.tinypic.com/v4w2ud.jpg

What does it look like with the front plate on,?
You shouldn't really use that to plug into, its really only for isolating any slave points you have if you have a fault to determine if the fault is on your equipment, or the incoming supply.

Back