Bt sports app

jaywa1984

Hi guys I recently purchased bt sports as iptv was always a few minutes behind when the football was on which was slightly annoying. Any how I bought the bt sports package (the set top box is on its way) so in the meantime I'm using there bt sports app but that's just as bad for being delayed!! So annoying. So in a nutshell does anyone know how I can get bt sports actually live?

The thing is I've gone through bt legit and would have thought that actually paying for it would have been enough. I have sly but just cancelled it for a bt box thinking i would get no delayed feeds. Cheers for letting me know hopefully bt will be cheaper through sly one day I'm probably going to cancel my new bt package then if its minutes behind what's the point

The thing is I've gone through bt legit and would have thought that actually paying for it would have been enough. I have sly but just cancelled it for a bt box thinking i would get no delayed feeds. Cheers for letting me know hopefully bt will be cheaper through sly one day I'm probably going to cancel my new bt package then if its minutes behind what's the point
I think you missed the point.
Iptv and the bt app are both going to be streamed, which means they have to be on a server somewhere before you can download (watch) it
On a sat box, using a sat line, you get it at the same time as everyone else using a sat dish.
If this is still too slow then you will have to go to the live events in person because there isn't anything quicker

I think you missed the point.
Iptv and the bt app are both going to be streamed, which means they have to be on a server somewhere before you can download (watch) it
On a sat box, using a sat line, you get it at the same time as everyone else using a sat dish.
If this is still too slow then you will have to go to the live events in person because there isn't anything quicker
Cheers Im going to just keep sly then and add bt through the sat box. Just annoyed at myself for being strung along on the phone to bt thinking it was a good service

You pay for sky and for iptv?
What boxes/devices do you have?
I have a firestick with perfect player on for my iptv. My misses has had sky for years for the kids the on demand stuff and I get the footy without delay. But seeing as most of it is on bt now I decided to swap everything over which I regret as it's all streamed as you pointed out

I have had iptv for years it's brilliant. The whole point of this thread was just to find out how I could get bt sports without the minute or so delay through the bt sports app which I paid for I understand iptv is delayed I'm not bothered by that it was the fact I went to bt direct and its still delayed!! . It was just bugging me a bit that's all lol

I have had iptv for years it's brilliant. The whole point of this thread was just to find out how I could get bt sports without the minute or so delay through the bt sports app which I paid for I understand iptv is delayed I'm not bothered by that it was the fact I went to bt direct and its still delayed!! . It was just bugging me a bit that's all lol

I have Bt sports free with my phone line and only really use the app and yeh it’s a couple mins behind but that’s to be expected with a stream mate.

Surely you can cancel any contract you have entered?

There are a few reasons the delay in a stream vs real time can be annoying. If you follow chats among fellow supporters of your team on forums or social media at the same time as watching the match, you sometimes see a goal celebrated before it's happened on your screen. Similarly, if you have friends or family watching the match you might receive a "get in" message when a goal is scored before your stream's shown it. Also, when betting in play it's nice to be as close to the actual event as you can be on some occasions.

The OP has made it clear he expected the legitimate stream to be either bang on time, or not far behind real events. He's realised his mistake and early on in the thread he's told you he's cancelled the BT subscription before he's even got the box.

What more do all you "wise" people want? Does he have to write that he bows down to your infinite knowledge before he'll be left in peace?

Last edited:
Back