Buffering on Firestick.

pjj4263

I am getting buffering on both my 4k firesticks as part of multiroom setup. My service provider blames the ISP and I have done all the normal things like reboot the router/ firestick etc. I use other devices (laptops , phones) which don't seem to have a problem with the network and would like any advice as to how I can identify the real problem. Been with my service provider a couple of years and sub due for renewal soon. TIA

I am getting buffering on both my 4k firesticks as part of multiroom setup. My service provider blames the ISP and I have done all the normal things like reboot the router/ firestick etc. I use other devices (laptops , phones) which don't seem to have a problem with the network and would like any advice as to how I can identify the real problem. Been with my service provider a couple of years and sub due for renewal soon. TIA
Who is your BB provider and what download speed are you getting ?

Have you ran speed test on your device and are you using Wi-Fi or hardwired on the fire sticks.
Also who is your isp and are all we safe and firewalls off

Have you ran speed test on your device and are you using Wi-Fi or hardwired on the fire sticks.
Also who is your isp and are all we safe and firewalls off
I have run speed tests and consistently get 30 mbps download speed. One device is hard wired and one is using wifi. My ISP is Zen who are meant to be good and don't throttle service. My service does not require a VPN and not sure about firewalls.

I doubt this is the case. But my supplier uses high bandwidth streams I noticed they don't play nicely on firesticks for some reason. Could be my setup.

But they would be clearly marked.

Another alternative to try is hotspot to your phone if still does it then either device or provider issue if it doesn’t then would probably point to isp

How does it play if you just have 1 stick running and not both
Never tend to have two going at same time although both connected to router. Tomorrow Will connect each firestick individually and also may try an android box to see if it makes any difference

Other factors could be. What other devices are on your network?
. Tablets
. PC
. Phones
. Consoles

An e.g could be one device hogging all the bandwidth

Other factors could be. What other devices are on your network?
. Tablets
. PC
. Phones
. Consoles

An e.g could be one device hogging all the bandwidth
Thanks Mike. Tomorrow I am going to disconnect all devices connected to the router and then run a single firestick to check for issues.

Thanks Mike. Tomorrow I am going to disconnect all devices connected to the router and then run a single firestick to check for issues.
Log into the router you can disconnect all devices that way and just leave the 1 stick connected. Once to have tested just reconnect everything

Well as your only having the issue with the firesticks and not on your other devices Phones and laptops its not your ISP or the router your connecting to as they work fine.

Follow post 7 to clean up the apps your using and also make sure you are using the HW hardware setting on the app your using.

If you have any VPN software on the Firesticks disable it or change the location its connecting to.

If that does not clear the issue and your phones and laptop are still working fine then you could try an otg cable on the firestick the hardwire it with an ethernet cable.

You say your sub is part of multiroom, so the question is, what other device is using the other part of the multiroom setup? is that buffering or is it just the one firestick?

Is it buffering all the time, or just when something else is using the sub as well?

You say you're getting 30mbits download, now if you have 2 devices streaming at the same time, if they are high quality streams then you could struggle on 30mbits

You say your sub is part of multiroom, so the question is, what other device is using the other part of the multiroom setup? is that buffering or is it just the one firestick?

Is it buffering all the time, or just when something else is using the sub as well?

You say you're getting 30mbits download, now if you have 2 devices streaming at the same time, if they are high quality streams then you could struggle on 30mbits
Have multiroom setup (both 4k firesticks) but rarely have two running at once. Buffering is on either depending on which is being used and can be on any stream, not just the high quality ones. Have cleaned up firesticks and taken off apps not needed etc and going to test today with hopefully some improvement

Have multiroom setup (both 4k firesticks) but rarely have two running at once. Buffering is on either depending on which is being used and can be on any stream, not just the high quality ones. Have cleaned up firesticks and taken off apps not needed etc and going to test today with hopefully some improvement
Have you tried tethering from your phone to firestick

Have you tried tethering from your phone to firestick
Hello Baz. Sadly mate I haven't got a clue how to do that. Will do a google search and see if I can find some info. Following everyones helpful advice, I have checked firestick settings, removed unwanted apps, cleared cache and at present trying just one connection. It has not buffered this morning to date so will keep monitoring. Thanks for your help.

Back