Business Broadband?

channelking

Hi anyone got VM or other business broadband how does it compare to residential one?

Also are you allowed to use the business broadband for gaming, downloading and streaming and will c/s line still work on it?

I ask as my brother has small business and was looking at business broadband but with residential broadband wont someone like VM cause issues?

But if go with VM business are there limits to what you can do or can you do everything you did on residential on the business one?

Also wont VM say anything if you go from residential to business?

Dont really want to move to business connection if gives problems with my cable line and other problems.

But they offer best speed than any current provider and it is cheap as well.

Brother wants it mainly for speed and wants to get it but I am not sure tbh.

I dont know how VM work,
I'm with TALKTALK , and you cant simply say you want business BB, you have to prove you are actually a business,
but the benefits for me far outweigh the more expense etc

Are you a business customer with TT then. Why is it more beneficial mate?

Not me my brother is the one with business. I just need to know pros and cons of business BB compared to normal one.

ye, Im business,
I get fixed IPs
dont get choked at busy times
get prioity service for faults [alledgedly]
a few other minor things,
but choking speeds and fixed IPs is main ones for me

But what is point of static IPs compared to dynamic ones?
So you have full speeds 24/7 at never get throttled like people on normal broadband?
My brother could get the business broadband no problem as he runs it on a daily basis.
However will they let you move to business BB if your have just the normal one?
Also can you still download, stream heavily on a business BB or are there restrictions using business BB?
Lastly has your c/s line been affected with business BB?
Sorry fot all the questions mate.

But what is point of static IPs compared to dynamic ones?
So you have full speeds 24/7 at never get throttled like people on normal broadband?
My brother could get the business broadband no problem as he runs it on a daily basis.
However will they let you move to business BB if your have just the normal one?
Also can you still download, stream heavily on a business BB or are there restrictions using business BB?
Lastly has your c/s line been affected with business BB?
Sorry fot all the questions mate.

I went from residential to business no problem,
all I had to do was prove I was a business, rang them up with my LTD number, that was it
I often download files in excess of 10G , a couple of weeks ago I downloaded almost 800G of files, not choked on it once
but, if you want to use this for streaming as a server then you need a dedicated supply, it doesnt work like that.

So you can download as much as you want and game as much as you want as well?

What do you mean dedicated supply?

By streaming I mean can you do heavy streaming generally like IPTV?

I am under the impression if you have a business connection you have to use only for business purposes and cant use for personal use.

So you can download as much as you want and game as much as you want as well?

What do you mean dedicated supply?

By streaming I mean can you do heavy streaming generally like IPTV?

I am under the impression if you have a business connection you have to use only for business purposes and cant use for personal use.
what do you mean streaming?
you cant use it for a server,
you need a server connection for that

I dont understand what you mean server connection? Can you explain further?

I mean streaming like IPTV cant you do that?

Can you run c/s line without issues?

cs takes a miniscule amount of data every 4 seconds
streaming takes a lot of data continuously,
its not hard for any isp to work out you are streaming from an illegal source

Ye but people who do heavy streaming do it even on normal connection.

I only asked what major difference normal and business connection is and if you can do same things on business connection.

Thanks anyway.

Not confident in what they say nor do I want to get into any issues.

Thought point of bandwidth is downloading and streaming for people. Thought would be same on business connection.

Does bug me how business services tend to have more and even be cheaper than normal service which costs more and more.

Not confident in what they say nor do I want to get into any issues.

Thought point of bandwidth is downloading and streaming for people. Thought would be same on business connection.

Does bug me how business services tend to have more and even be cheaper than normal service which costs more and more.

set yourself up a Ltd co and see what they can do for you.

I think he is setup as Ltd.

At the same time I will be using the connection and if business connection will cause more issues or has limitations then not sure want to go for it.

I get might be perfect for yourself but might not for me.

I think he is setup as Ltd.

At the same time I will be using the connection and if business connection will cause more issues or has limitations then not sure want to go for it.

I get might be perfect for yourself but might not for me.
ring VM
they are the only people that can answer you

Back