Buy H2 online with gift or make my own

Hi guys

Noob here, but consider myself technical in electronics, software etc

I have researched about dreamboxes for a while when my friend told me all i needed was a sky cable from a dish and internet connection, this was a few years ago.

I decided to get sky installed recently just to get access to the dish and cable, its only £10 a month.

I have done a lot of research and found dreamboxes are old, and be led to the H2 box.

So I have the internet connection, coincidently from virgin and also the sky satellite connection.

I found someone who sells ready to go boxes and gave me helpful information, and told me I have 3 options:

1: Sky connection but not all channels are HD

2: I was told I can use the Virgin line, so long as I have virgin internet active which I do, I was told I can get all the channels HD, just not sky atlantic

3: I can have both sky and virgin simultaneously through the H2 box, but it would cost more as I would need 2 gift subscriptions

I was told for box with one gift was around £150, £200 for both sky and virgin gifts. I think a bot more for a hard drive.

My other option is to buy the box for around £80, and try install everything myself.

Would I save much money doing it myself? or are the prices I have been given reasonable?

If I do it my self could anyone point me the direction of getting both sky and virgin running, or just suggest what the best option is then im sure i can find the info on this forum

Thanks

It seems like you have done your homework on what can be done.
Personally I would buy the box and line separately as you tend to learn more about the workings of the Box when you are setting it up yourself and its cheaper. The guys who sell the whole package are obviously putting on their margin.
The zgemma box is a good cheap starter box(I have one) which people on here will argue is a clone/copy of other enigma receivers. If you have got the money you should look at original boxes which you can see on EG; World of Satellite. These boxes have a good guarantee and image support but are a bit dearer.

It seems like you have done your homework on what can be done.
Personally I would buy the box and line separately as you tend to learn more about the workings of the Box when you are setting it up yourself and its cheaper. The guys who sell the whole package are obviously putting on their margin.
The zgemma box is a good cheap starter box(I have one) which people on here will argue is a clone/copy of other enigma receivers. If you have got the money you should look at original boxes which you can see on EG; World of Satellite. These boxes have a good guarantee and image support but are a bit dearer.

Thanks for the reply

Yeah I done enough research into how it all works etc, next step will be the installation and actually getting it working.

I wasn't aware there are better boxes than the zgemma, I don't mind splashing out extra for a better.

What boxes do you suggest? And what is the best box? I would like both sly and vm running

Thanks

ok so I done some research, and asked about. Looks like im going for the Xtrend ET8000 1x DVB-S2 + 1x DVBC/T/T2 COMBO

From my understanding, I can record satellite and watch cable at the same time or vice versa?

Should I get vix pre installed? as it seems all the tutorials use vix, and saves me doing it myself

Also ill prob install my own hd, where can I find the compatibility list?

Any other info or tips I need that would be great if anyone can help

thanks

Last edited:
ET 8000 Great choice. Open Vix best choice. Any decent 2.5 sata hard drive will be ok.(not sure if it takes 3.5) 5400 rpm is quite sufficient.
You will need two lines. I x sat and 1 x cable for you to record whilst watching another.
W.O.S forum great for help with the box and firmware (do not discuss lines on this forum as they are banned from discussion) Here is where you will get this info.
Good luck

ok so I done some research, and asked about. Looks like im going for the Xtrend ET8000 1x DVB-S2 + 1x DVBC/T/T2 COMBO

From my understanding, I can record satellite and watch cable at the same time or vice versa?

Should I get vix pre installed? as it seems all the tutorials use vix, and saves me doing it myself

Also ill prob install my own hd, where can I find the compatibility list?

Any other info or tips I need that would be great if anyone can help

thanks
If you get your box from world of sat get them to flash it for you Vix is a good option You can get everything you need for setting up your box from the site including your lines (gifts) All we ask is that people Do Not name server names as these lead to the server closed down, These may help you set up
http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html
http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...e-pay-server-request-only-january-2016-a.html
http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/59334-recommend-good-cable-pay-server-request-only.html

Dave, while I mind and say, there's a bootloader issue that WOS and xtrend are sorting just now then releasing a fix. Not major but mines has the issue. Box loses internet and needs restarted sometimes. It's not common and all xtrends have a great rep normally

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Back