Buying a Gift??

what size usb's will I need.. I'm not bothered about recording 6 films at once maybe the Man Utd games while im at work so i can watch it when i get home. I understand I need one to record and for EPG to work. Seems like alot of stuff needed to get this running unlike the Openbox. But I've lost BTsports HD channels coz its just a black screen.

Did mine a week ago with 16gb Kingston (followed sucmnsee's guide on formatting) worked flawlessly.

Yes it's a steep learning curve, but now after week and a lot of help from this board, the 2s is in different world to the Openbox, to the point I am seriously considering sacking sly.

Just a quick point on the Openbox, it probably just needs a new channel list if the screen is black, the 2s auto updates these.

Would suggest going for a 2s because once set up it almost as good as a sly box.

Cheers

Last edited:
You can use the same usb to flash it but I keep a separate one that I know works for flashing as some do not work. I have a 1gb Kingston data traveller for flashing and 32gb Integral for the box, to be honest I'd advise a separate one for flashing just in case your box crashes or a new set up comes out that looks better or works faster. I also flash other boxes so need a separate one anyway.

Never seen this 7dayshop but the usbs look good and the prices are shockingly low priced.. can't quite get my head round that. Thanks for the shout on that site.. is it UK based ?

No I need to but Bank holiday weekend.. Unless someone on here has one.. Can pay via paypal like now! Black or White, does it matter

Back