Buying a Gift??

itsmrjt

TK Veteran
Do i need to buy a Gift for the zgemma to get the channels? Or can i just flash a image and scan for them once the box is flashed?

Seriously, I'm quite familiar with your attempt of sarcasm. But I'm new to this forum just like may others.. I ask the question because I don't know and was looking for an answer that you seem incompetent of giving! anyone else feel free to answer the question for a newb that needs as much info as i can get before buying one of these boxes.

Hi just setup my box today, you need the gift to unscramble the premium channels flashing an image will not give you those channels. It's a great box hope you enjoy it!

Seriously, I'm quite familiar with your attempt of sarcasm. But I'm new to this forum just like may others.. I ask the question because I don't know and was looking for an answer that you seem incompetent of giving! anyone else feel free to answer the question for a newb that needs as much info as i can get before buying one of these boxes.

Yes you need to buy a cline or nline known as gift if you did look through the forum you would have seen many tuts about ftpeeing the lines to box hence why you haven't had much of a response and people saying seriously so does that answer your question?

yes but I'm new to all this like a sheep, dont even know what ftpeeing is lol. Its crazy because is it one of them things I wont understand until I have the box?

You buy the box.
You flash the firmware (several choices on here- look for the mtpockets or sucmnsee's image thread).
You obtain a line.
The line is basically a file that you put onto your box that allows a remote server to decode your channels for you. It includes the ip address of the server that your box "talks" to and gets the info it needs (several times a minute) to decode your channels.
There are 2 types of lines. cline, and nline's.
Not gonna go into why, but always always get an nline of possible - its better (google why).
And, admittedly not easy to find, there IS a request area where you ask for lines, prices etc (as a guide I pay £27 for 6 months and its brilliant).
How you get that line onto your box for newbies is a pain - you need to use software like filezilla that sends files over your broadband cable from your pc via your router to the box.

No you can do it manually by remote but it's easy to ftp if you download one of the backup images from here all you have to do is edit lthe newcamdlist file that's there

So if i buy one of these boxes will you please please help me if i can't manage it.. I'm not silly as I know how to fix laptops/pcs/consoles/copy,burn 360games. Just this is new to me. As I don't want to buy a this box and can't get it working. Once I know how to get it working I make a video and post just to help others.

yeah I did read through Sucmnsees guide and i was going to use this.. I understand this had the sky HD blue skin and its the one Ive been wanting since i looked up this box online. I'm gonna have a look on ebay and amazon unless there is cheaper sites. Seen some boxes on ebay for about £60/70

yeah I did read through Sucmnsees guide and i was going to use this.. I understand this had the sky HD blue skin and its the one Ive been wanting since i looked up this box online. I'm gonna have a look on ebay and amazon unless there is cheaper sites. Seen some boxes on ebay for about £60/70

Sucmnsee back up has fraggle skin on it not bluehd, you do know you can buy these boxes fully set up don't you ??

£60-£75 is average I paid £72 for mine about 3 months ago your going to need a usb stick or hard drive to stay in box for epg and recordig what size depends on how much you plan to record. sucmnsee has removed blue hd skin because of people saying it was slowing box but can be installed one flashed

---------- Post Merged at 10:51 PM ----------

Sucmnsee back up has fraggle skin on it not bluehd, you do know you can buy these boxes fully set up don't you ??
It's okay buying them setup but if you fall into any trouble and seller doesn't tell you to use a usb your stuck not knowing what to do. If you set it up your self you'll have a better idea what to do if something goes wrong ie remounting hard drive scanning channels and knowing how to use am.

You're gonna need a smaller usb to flash it, ideally Kingston data traveller 1 gb or intergral upto 4 gb. Also you'll need a way of connecting it to internet, Direct to router via ethernet is best, homeplugs are good and if all else fails wifi adaptor, search fleabay for "skybox f5s wifi" you will see a very small adaptor for £4.90. No drivers needed with those ones and you can close the front panel half way when its in.

I have about 3 ethernet cables for ps4,360,wii U, skybox, so not short on that. Once I connect the ethernet cables from latop to router to zgemma how how will I send the info to box? My laptop uses WiFi so would it still require a ethernet cable from the laptop to router?

no just need your box connected to router ethernet cable or homeplug then you connect to the box via home network in filezilla. no need for cable to box

what size usb's will I need.. I'm not bothered about recording 6 films at once maybe the Man Utd games while im at work so i can watch it when i get home. I understand I need one to record and for EPG to work. Seems like alot of stuff needed to get this running unlike the Openbox. But I've lost BTsports HD channels coz its just a black screen.

use 7dayshop and get a 32gb Kingston, verbatim or integral to leave in your box at all times. For the price you can't go wrong. It is a massive difference from openbox to zgemma, but easily set up if you can follow instructions. Zgemma auto updates channels so no more messing about like openbox when sky move transponders and frequencies for channels like BT Sports.

Back