Openbox V5S Space

Tobias

Hi,

I have an Openbox V5S which I use for freeview.
Occasionally some free international channels need to be rescanned as the existing channel is blank. (i.e. once every 2 months)

I always delete some channels to make space for the new scan.
However this time, from the multitude of occasions I have rescanned, message is 'Space is full'.

I do a single satellite search and FTA only. It gets to about 3% of the scan and the message appears 'Space is full'. Had this in the past and just deleted old Sly channels etc that I would get when these were the rage a decade ago.

Now on this occasion I have deleted alot and there should be space.

Any tips?

Hi,

I have an Openbox V5S which I use for freeview.
Occasionally some free international channels need to be rescanned as the existing channel is blank. (i.e. once every 2 months)

I always delete some channels to make space for the new scan.
However this time, from the multitude of occasions I have rescanned, message is 'Space is full'.

I do a single satellite search and FTA only. It gets to about 3% of the scan and the message appears 'Space is full'. Had this in the past and just deleted old Sly channels etc that I would get when these were the rage a decade ago.

Now on this occasion I have deleted alot and there should be space.

Any tips?

Have you rebooted the device after clearing some space?

Tried it. Same thing.
Deleted loads more channels too. It looks up 5/6 channels on the top left box then message appears. Barely 1%.
Doing single satellite search. FTA. Blind scan. TV only.

All other times had the message space full, I just deleted 50+ channels and then searched without issue.

The channels that went off on the open box satellite are playing on IPTV. They were off for a day.

So the channels have changed frequency.
However I cannot search on the open box as the box thinks it's full. Goes to about 1% then stops.

I almost gave up.

Then did FTA Only
Scan Channel;: TV Channel
Network Search : Yes
Scan Mode: Preset Scan

Worked, took nearly an hour!
Though it picked up lots of scrambled channels too!

I almost gave up.

Then did FTA Only
Scan Channel;: TV Channel
Network Search : Yes
Scan Mode: Preset Scan

Worked, took nearly an hour!
Though it picked up lots of scrambled channels too!
Network search does that, You should just scan the transponder you want.

Back