Buying Openbox v8s

wilding2010

Hi,

Is there a way of telling if a box is a clone jist buy looking at it?? I want to buy 10 box's but when I look online Alibaba ect ect there are 2 but the remote picture look different.

Or shall I try skybox.cc ??

most of the latest sellers seem to have the shitty remote, looks like the decent ones are running out. i have inboxed you the seller i buy from and they are spot on, come with newest firmware and channel list already uploaded and are tested before dispatch, and have the decent remote. good luck

most of the latest sellers seem to have the shitty remote, looks like the decent ones are running out. i have inboxed you the seller i buy from and they are spot on, come with newest firmware and channel list already uploaded and are tested before dispatch, and have the decent remote. good luck

Hi can you pm me the details also. Thanks in advance.

Hi There

can you inbox me with the seller info to please
thanks

Hi, can you possibly pm me the same if you don't mind? also do you have a copy of the newest firmware at all?.

Thanks.

Hi could you please pm me as well thanks

Found this. Not sure how accurate it is
To check if your skybox/openBox is an original or clone, simple follow these instructions:

This is the correct procedure to identify if your skybox/openBox is an original or clone.

Goto Menu -> Tools -> Information now press 7 7 7 7 7 7 on the remote.
If the CCID is one of the following "00d0/00ea/085b/0d0c/98a1/98f2/9cf4/9d1a“ congratulatation, your HD Receiver is original!! so you may upgrade any new firmware to experience more new functions.

If your STB`s CCID is not one of the above.
Please do not upgrade any new firmware untill you are sure that you have the right one for your box, otherwise your HD receivers will be killed!!

The chip ID verification was for the old openbox s9/10/11/12 models only. Later firmware changed the keypress to 8888.

Me too please mate?! Thank you

Nothing happens when I do this with 7s or 8s I have w openbox v5s

I get a page with
Main chip
Oem id
Peripheral unit
Display mode
Memory size
Software version

If your planning on buying from Alibaba then may I suggest you find a seller that accepts PayPal if you don't know them. After spending many years buy from china I have learnt a few things, mainly the gold supplier rep doesn't mean a dam thing, its something they pay for not earn so it doesn't mean they are better sellers, a decent company will accept PayPal and other secure payment methods, its always the scammers that only accept TT or Western Union and will insist on these payment methods as there is no protection for your money. Once you find a good supplier then yes move over to TT as you have to pay the sellers PayPal fee's which are around 6% but for a first timer but its worth it for money protection.

I've lost money to convincing scammers, even those who work for a large companies you will find they will do all the invoice but never put it on the system and get you to send funds via western union so they can pocket the money then deny you purchased anything.

Try Aliexpress, its all protected using the inhouse funds system and you get some protection and if you look for the sale items they can be cheaper then alibaba.

Nothing happens when I do this with 7s or 8s I have w openbox v5s

I get a page with
Main chip
Oem id
Peripheral unit
Display mode
Memory size
Software version

As I posted above, it only works for the older S9/10/11/12.

btw...when I said that it was changed to 8888 for later firmware, I meant for the boxes I listed, not for newer models.

Last edited:
Back