Cable - but doesn't know what to do

calyn

Hi all

I myself use zgemma h2s boxes and I've found them to be superb, however my best friend doesn't have Sly, but VM instead. Which box is best for that? Could I set it up for her with Wooshbuild or equivalent so she could just plug and play as she hasn't got a clue in the world.

I'm thinking of a zgemmah2h box but I'm not sure if I could set it up for her as she wouldn't have any idea how to do it herself, or is there somewhere I can get her a box that's already done for her?

Ta
Caz

ideally, instead of getting a combo box as one of the tuners would be redundant, try and get a cable only tuner box such as the Edison OS Mini.
You're looking for a DVB-C/T/T2 tuner rather than DVB-S/S2 for cable.
There is plenty of support here once you have your box ready to set up.

Kieron

Last edited:
Agreed, also just to say that cable subs are generally more expensive than sat so don't be surprised when getting prices from providers

I purchased this box - Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-C/T/T2 Cable / Terrestrial Linux HD PVR Ready Receiver

Has a 1 x twin cable only tuner. It took me about 4 - 6 hours of setting up. There are guides around but not in the detail like the Wooshman build (which is great use it on my 2s)

You can have the box pre-imaged with vix or similar but then you need to choose a skin and much more for setting up as you know. I didn't find it that easy initially, so it will be tricky for your friend. You didn't say if she has just vm broadband or both TiVo ? as you will need to split the feed?? A line is about £25. But the HD Side is awesome.

Back