Can Anyone suggest which Sat Box to use if I want to view and control between 2 rooms

nick1969

Hi Everyone, I'm a relative newbie to Linux sat receivers. Purchased a Technomate Nano SE and all works fine.

Now, I want to purchase another box and control/view between 2 rooms (just like SKY multiroom with magic eye).

Any suggestions on the best Linux/Sat box and what other equipment i need??

Any help appreciated!

A pair of homeplugs.

A server who supplies multi room so you only need to pay for one line.

If your happy with your Technomate why not just buy another ?

If you record on one you can view on the other during recording, also you could move the Hdd
between the boxes as the recordings will play on both boxes.

Hi,
Thanks for reply, but should of said that the new box is for a 2nd room and I want to also control and view this new box from a 3rd room!

Any thoughts on what I need?

Cheers.

You can do a search for triax use one of those with coaxial cable and magic eye. But I put 1 in for someone and shocking picture £50.
I use a wireless av sender with ir repeater built in. They can suffer interference but with a lot of positioning you can usually get a half decent picture and only £25. No good if rooms far apart tho. And scart quality picture.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with this magic eye type of thing these boxes are fairly cheap so just get one for each room or watch the streams of the box via network

The triax rf modulator works fine on the tm twin oe. Sends the picture all around the house. Great picture. Magic eye works perfect

Back