Can anyone tell me the difference between c-line, n-line, cccam and mgcamd?

Can anyone help with this question? I apologise if it has been answered before – I have been reading this forum for around a month and haven’t seen a definitive answer.

I’m a bit of a newbie to all this but I think I’ve got a pretty good handle on it all and how it all works, apart from this.

The reason I ask is that the first (and so far only) line I acquired, I was told to install it via mgcamd, so I did, and it worked, but with freezes. That was on an openbox v8s. I have just upgraded to a zgemma h2.s and installed wooshbuild. I couldn’t see a way of installing my existing line via mgcamd on wooshbuild, so, looking at the installation guide, I deduced from the information I had that I should install it as an n-line. I did, and it worked, but I still have picture/audio freezes.

I’m trying to work out why I’m getting the freezes (have been reading everyone else’s posts about it, am hoping it isn’t home plugs as I am not close enough to router to plug in directly). My next step is to ask one of the kind folk on here for a 24h test to see if that fixes it, but I don’t know whether I should be asking for a c-line or n-line, or something else.

So if someone could tell me the difference between C and N and which I should be using on zgemma h2.s, and also about mgcamd and cccam, I’d be really grateful!

Cheers.

Bad server if its happening on both boxes. How are you connected to internet as wifi can also contribute to glitching. As for n and c lines its all down to the server if its oversubscribed its always going to be a bad line i used both and there both the same in my opinion.

On a zgemma the nline is the better option and use MGcam in softcam manager. Keep the ethernet line connected directly to the router from your box, this is the best option. As for the glitching a freezing then you need a new line to be honest, I don't see why its your setup more like a poor provider.

HI mate, I'm hoping it is the server because in that case I can fix it by getting a new one. I'm connected to my router via home plugs. I've seen some folk on here suggest they may be a problem and I'm hoping it's not that because my only other option would be WiFi.

---------- Post Merged at 04:12 PM ----------

On a zgemma the nline is the better option and use MGcam in softcam manager. Keep the ethernet line connected directly to the router from your box, this is the best option. As for the glitching a freezing then you need a new line to be honest, I don't see why its your setup more like a poor provider.

Thanks for the info mate. I'm running wooshbuild and when I look at softcam panel it tells me that it is using newcamd. Can I just change this to mgcamd? Are you able to tell me how? With wooshbuild you just put in a usb with your line on and it sets it up automatically, although I am sure there must also be a way to do it manually on the box?

---------- Post Merged at 04:16 PM ----------

... not sure why my replies merged there!

Do you have a sky hub? Who is your ISP?

A good c-line will perform better than a bad n-line and vice versa if that makes sense, cccam can run n-lines too.....my cam of choice is oscam, just to confuse more lol

c line is from a CCcam server
n line is from a Newcamd server

Newcamd takes advantage of cached ecm's too enable faster channel zapping and requesting less fresh ecms
CCcam is an older cam, still very good but can sometimes cause the occasional freezing with N lines

if a receiver supports MGcamd this is always the best option for an n line because it takes advantage of the cache benefits for a smoother better performance

cs101

While any amateur server builder can establish a CCCam server, a professional knowledge is required for a MGCamd system to be structured.

c line is from a CCcam server
n line is from a Newcamd server

Newcamd takes advantage of cached ecm's too enable faster channel zapping and requesting less fresh ecms
CCcam is an older cam, still very good but can sometimes cause the occasional freezing with N lines

if a receiver supports MGcamd this is always the best option for an n line because it takes advantage of the cache benefits for a smoother better performance

cs101

While any amateur server builder can establish a CCCam server, a professional knowledge is required for a MGCamd system to be structured.

Hi bobless, thanks that's great info. When I check the softcam panel on my zgemma running wooshbuild, it says it is using newcamd. The supplier of my line initially said I should use mgcamd so I'm guessing he supports it. Do you know how I can reconfigure my setup so it is using mgcamd rather than newcamd? I have tried pressing blue to install and installing mgcamd... the first time it failed, tried again and was successful but doesn't seem to have changed anything (still says using newcamd).

EDIT: I'm confused now because it actually says it is a CCcam 2.3.0 using newcamd, which seems to contradict what you have said...

---------- Post Merged at 04:43 PM ----------

Gmangt4: have a bthomehub 5 with... BT! 60mbps down, 20 up, ~10ms ping

Last edited:
You are using an nline in cccam which if its from a good server you wont have issues that are over noticable.I doubt very much its the cam your using.I would go with its the server your with or the homeplugs;)

OK, so, the easiest thing is probably to just try a test line? Is it worth getting it running through mgcamd? Thanks for your help :)

Back