Can H.2S be used as a server box?

OC999

I'm looking into an internal card share and have been informed my current Openbox v8s is unable to be used as a server. My question is can the Zgemma H.2S be used as a server box and if so how difficult is it to set up internal sharing? If it can be used as a server are there any step by step guides on how to set up an internal card share I could read before I purchase one? Thanks

Yes your H.2S can serve the openbox but then your H.2S basically becomes a single tuner, but some times the twin tuner still works but other times your Zgemma may need to be on standby for the openbox to work.
Just hook up your 2 sat tuners as normal on your Zgemma then screw in the cable to the other sat connection and connect to your openbox .
Oh by the way you still need a gift on both boxes

This is going to be a dumb question but i know next to nothing about all the satellite boxes but what's the difference in uses between a singe and twin tuner. I am just looking to basically share my current sky card to another room without the need for a multiroom subscription, the boxes would be watched simultaneously quite often so if the zgemma would possibly require being on standby does that mean it's not the best choice for a server?

---------- Post Merged at 09:15 PM ----------

Why don't you just run a new cable from the LNB to the V8.

Would that not mean having to watch what was being viewed on the main box?

single tuner box you can only watch and record the same channel the box is on . A twin tuner will let you watch one channel and record a different channel at the same time.

---------- Post Merged at 09:20 PM ----------

Why don't you just run a new cable from the LNB to the V8.
Would that not mean having to watch what was being viewed on the main box?

You would be able to watch any channel you want if you run a new cable to the V8

Thanks for the explanation, i don't record very often so losing twin tuner wouldn't be an issue.

I've got an existing cable from a previous multiroom installation but if i hook it to the v8 i would only receive the fta channels. To get encrypted channels i would have to put my viewing card in. My idea was to get a box to use a server to host my viewing card then use a c-line to watch encrypted channels on the v8. I'm only beginning to learn about these boxes so can this even can be achieved?

I think you need to read a lot more on how these boxes work. viewing card is paired to the sky box so it will take a little more than a H2s and V8 to create a server.

I was able to get the boxkey for the sky box and the viewing card is working in the v8s and decrypting the premium channels. A lot of the reading I have done was for Openbox, i just seen a lot of people recommending the H2s boxes and assumed they would also have an area to enter a boxkey. I shall continue reading but thanks for your input it's appreciated.

Back