Can I get Vermin channels without VM broadband?

titooo

Hi,

I was about to call a Satellite Dish installer when I noticed that there is some small Vermin box on the wall of my kitchen.

I don't have broadband with VM (I have fibre optic with a different ISP), but I was wondering if I would be able to watch Vermin channels if I buy a DVB-C receiver + the appropiate lines

thank you

Last edited:
you will need to check and see if the feed is live best way would be to ask a friend who has virgin tv if you can borrow there box and see that way

Today I will collect an Edison OS Mini+. Could I check if the feed is alive with it?
If so, how?

I also have a VM box at home that someone borrowed me, but its brand new and it has never been setup so it doesn't have any credentials. Could I check if the feed is alive with that one?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Thank you. I didn't know that the little VM box attaches to the wall could provide FTA channels to non VM boxes

You'll only get two channels though if my memory is correct, BBC ONE & ITV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's finding all the encrypted channels too. Is there the option to only scan for or show the unencrypted ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could not see that option (OpenATV)

It took ages to finish the scan, but now it's done. It found lot of encrypted channels and I can watch BBC London and ITV.

Does it mean that the feed is live so I can go ahead and buy a line?

Back