can i run an extra cable from my vm box ot a different tv

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Can i run another cable form my vm box to another tv.
Rather than pay for another box @£15 pm can i run a cable so that the box can service 2 seperate tvs ( not at once necessarily ) ie we have a vm box in the dining room and rather than sit and watch tv all night at the table want to watch it in the den on the sofa. so what i would want i think would be a feed in and out of the box so that it could be seen on 2 tvs. I know there are video senders/receivers on the market that do similar. But been there done that and they are toot - well the one i bought was anyways
l24au.jpg
could never get a decent picture.

Fed up with my 2 pinching our big tv and box in the front room and us getting stuck at the table watching tv :) and i refuse to sit in their den!

Linny

Newer virgin boxes don't have a loop / rf out so the signal can only go into the box, they
have probably done it so you have to get another box from them. If you have a loop/ rf out you can just run a cable
to another tv.

I have read that the 2.4GB digisenders are crap, get too much interferance from other appliances
but most seem to say the 5.8 GB ones are ok.

I havent used one myself but was thinking of doing something similar a while back.
It may be worth checking what kind you have. :)

i probably had the cheaper smaller ones as i think they were around £20-£30 - sold them on fleebay lol! hope someone got good use out of them. the box i want to use it on is an old silver box but will check that and the v+ box to see back. thanks!
after seeing a tv advert last night for the tivo (free activation) contacted them today and if i get that ill get to keep the old box for free each month, so might be the better option - only thing is gotta pay £50 installation :( - but at least it will be neat and no cables running round house :) so will look into it more!
thanks for your input

VM have just been advertising the tivo activation is free as of today Linny?.

VM have just been advertising the tivo activation is free as of today Linny?.
yes only the activation - which is for the 500gb box ( smaller one) but you still have to pay for install :( plus if i keep the box i have and put it in another room i'd have to have another cable installed but for £3 extra pm for the tivo service might as well go for it.

They also have an iphone app so you can record etc whilst out if you got Tivo :) - Just like the other company have its called the vm tv guide

Back