Can MGCamd be locked to one particular box?

acer458

Hi was hoping someone could help me. Im relatively new to DIY sly and have recently purchased a line which turned out to be Newcamd.list. The line and server is perfectly fine although I have had a bit of trouble with the box the last couple of days (has to be rebooted multiple times to get picture although I can hear everything fine); I've borrowed an old box off a friend to use in the meantime while I get my box looked at and unfortunately can't get it running with the Newcamd.list given to me. When I connect my box up everything is fine but it just won't work with the borrowed one. Is it possible the 'Mgcamd' line has been 'locked' so it only works with a specific box? Any help much appreciated

you can move your line to the other box as long as you keeps your off as it will come up as a double log in so might get blocked

Thanks for your reply, yeah that's what I thought but weirdly it just won't work. Ive even gotten a 'test' line off the net and that works fine so I know the box is 'connected'. The line works in the other box so I don't have any idea how to troubleshoot the problem further

Bit more info on the type or make of boxs and images would be a good place to start as different images and boxes require a different set up.

Back