Cable can only clear VM and not SLY

StrawDog

TK Veteran
OK,

Bit of a strange one....

I have the Zgemma H1 and here is what's happening....

I can clear the VM line perfect..... using a working VM sub and a none working SLY sub.... (yeah told you it was strange...)

So I got issued a new SLY sub and when i use this along with the VM sub then this is what I have to do....

So add the new line to newcamd and then put that on the zgemma...then when i go to watch a SLY channel, I have to restart mgcam...so it works wooo hoo...How ever...now when I go back to the Virmin side of the box none of the channels will clear....

So my new newcamd.list has the working VM line and the working SLY line in....but after restarting mgcam then only the SLY side will clear.....

The only way I can get the Virmin side of things to work again is to copy my old newcamd with the original none working sly line along with the working VM line...

Isn't that strange?

matey who supplies the lines said to try a new mg_cfg which I have......

What you think?

weird or what ?

so recap....

both lines work fine....

stick new sly line on with existing VM line and restart mgcam only SLY will work.....and only way to get virmin working again is to put on the old newcamd with a none working sly line in it...

Cheers

thanks mate...but none would clear with that on board....

had a little look via notepad but word wrap don't help....

how do you read them?

and thanks again...what are you thinking ?

You read them with notepad++
I've found this setup works with all configurations (mg_cfg file)
Bit of a weird problem you have, the few occasions iIve heard about your problem my mg_cfg file sorted it.
( don't wish to be rude but you didn't get it mixed up with your old one did you) ?

cool..thanks will download the ++ version.

No didn't get it mixed up as so done that in the past but what I have found is that you can lose data via uploading etc. ...so zipping it and maybe a checksum would be great. :)

messed on with this one kids via remote and we ended up doing a whole fresh install...even had him looking at the cables because of a bit of data gone astray with sending him mg_cfg via remote etc. (possible the same with drop box?)

so yeah rar it and send again... :)

dayum! thought we was there but no cigar....

cheers for the rar like as had seen that in the past.....so at the mo.....SLY clear.....VM "froze...."

new box ? am having issues with no HDMI etc.....maybe it's got the freak on....

My H2H has drove me mad tonight with flashing issues, i think i'll refrain from buying any more, there definitely temperamental when they want to be lol

Thanks for all your help (and of course to my matey that supplies me with the lines he tried as well...) probably a bit of a "head done in" scenario....

So.....what did you change in the mg_cfg...interesting to know....

I mean why would the box just not clear the channels? all it's doing is flicking bewteen SLY and Virmin....

Not sure what to go for now...was going to grab an H2 ......

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help (and of course to my matey that supplies me with the lines he tried as well...) probably a bit of a "head done in" scenario....

So.....what did you change in the mg_cfg...interesting to know....

I mean why would the box just not clear the channels? all it's doing is flicking bewteen SLY and Virmin....

Not sure what to go for now...was going to grab an H2 ......

The Mg_cfg file was originally setup for using C & N lines together, but will do N lines on there own, will work on sat and cable.
Regarding a new receiver save up and treat yourself to an Xtrend ET 8500, nice piece of kit.
The Zgemma's are good for the money but i'm heraing a few go faulty now and they do have a "moments" now and again lol

Edit: if you still thinking of a zgemma, try the H2H its a lot quicker than the H1,H2

Thanks..... ( 40 second rule..na still not working )

As for them boxes, yeah nice piece of kit....little costly for me at the mo though, so H2H it is :)

ooooo very nice of you sir! I might have that off you when i get the new box.....much appreciated.

I did have this Zgemma set up perfect etc. with the display settings etc. epg blah blah.....

Thanks mate....I'll grab that off you some time!

1_0_19_BBA_1E_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0 (1).jpg

good stuff........ :)

(any one running SLY/VIRMIN) dreading getting a new box and not being able to clear both.

Just my luck as well, got my Virmin line split and now I have picture break up oh how i want to punch my self in the face.....! (ordered a cable booster to see if it solves it....if not shotgun to the head, never mind shotgun cable!) not on all channels thank god.....most HD channels seem to be fine...it's only a few.....

1_0_1_10D0_2B_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0.jpg

I'm running both on the H2H, runs great. I've just been reading about the Konig booster on another thread, some guy recommended it after having problems with glitches

years ago used to have a "yellow" brick one.....can't remember the name...

Just gone for a cheap "o" one at the mo.....and some shotgun shells just in case :)

28-07-2016 20-54-06.jpg

Let me know how you get on, I've got a friend who's struggling with signal (only when recording and watching another channel. Cheaper options are sometimes better lol

will do.... was all perfect before I split the cable....and it was split at the main Virmin connection outside on the wall....so run another feed from it to the bedroom and that's when all the fun and games started.....I'll have a check to see what kind of splitter was installed.... (modem signals are all good "upstream/downstream" etc.) so was expecting the cable tv side of things to be fine.....but alas not my lucky week....just waiting for the washing machine to explode or the fridge to catch fire.....lol

---------- Post Merged at 09:51 PM ----------

It would seem that I am telling porkys........for what ever reason my "downstream" was OK but just had another check and it's way off.....surprised my modem is still running.....

it should be between -3 and + 7 for optimal....and EEEEEKKKKKKKK it's now.... - 11 :( (will get the box of the wall in the morning and check the splitter)

28-07-2016 21-47-26.jpg

Last edited:
Back