Cable can only clear VM and not SLY

aha! and just so it could get the last laugh, had it on sale on fleabay for "spares or repair" and was up too about £17.00 with postage and it's just went and bit the dust...tested the voltage from the powerpack, fine, whole unit now kaput.....!

Well I'd save your money and get the "konig" I have a sneaky suspicion that his isn't going to work...not to mention that the threads are not the same as your existing VM cable connections....had to order some more RG6 CT100 WF100 cable connections (the proper ones since I've just sat and butchered the cables.) and when my new box arrives going to need some to fit back onto it as you only get x 5 with it.

I know I don't have any TV to test it on so I guess I'll have to wait.....but going on past experience you'd normal have the feed from the wall and then the "booster" that way it increases your signal all round... i.e modem and TV

If this thing does work it must be only set for digital TV which IIRC is some where between 600MHz to 750MHz, where the cable modem can be as low as 10 i think......looking at mine then it's about the 251mhz so maybe this little pile of shite can't handle that frequency so low....

as you know my modem was running well below -11....so it's a good job i didn't want this box to fix my modem problems! .... my modem won't lock on when connected to it today..i suppose it is sold as a TV booster so I'll have to wait to test it.... *I have a feeling it's getting send back" :P

If it's going to fix the TV then it's going to have to be plugged in after the splitter.....but before the zgemma.

Terrible connectors as well.....as you can see who ever designed them wants a slap! horrible... you have to squash them together in-between the sheath and then crimp the little crimp wring that doesn't crimp.....and then if you haven't quite got the inner gold copper wire to a perfect length within a nano then when screwing it onto the super duper shitty TV booster it just pushes it out the other end.

How ever......I'm ordering my new box tonight so once it's here and all set up if this does improve the signal loss for said channels then I guess butchering the cables etc. ain't too bad for the price....

would have liked it to increase my modem signals....but guess you get what you pay for)

20160802_154223.jpg

02-08-2016 18-57-10.jpg

Last edited:
Back