Can sky multiroom be multihouse

superwhites

Hi guys.
Hopefully this is the right section for this.

I have had sky for a few years now as they keep giving it me half price and the wife wanted to keep it for the ease of use and reliability but has only been the basic package for her reality tv and kids shows and i had a cs sub for my sports in another room.

A mate had got rid of his official sky sub and had a cs sub on his vu solo box.
Now that the cs has gone tits up we have been thinking what we are going to do for the football once the season starts.

We have both tried various iptv subs and have a couple of problems. He doesnt have the download speed to get a stream (2mbps at most) and i work shifts so would watch most things recorded.

I was wondering, as i already have a sky sub and a second box from previously having multiroom, could i add the sports package and multiroom onto my package and give him my second box and card to use in his house and go halfers on the bill.

Im thinking that surely it wouldnt be this simple or more people would do it (maybe they do and i just dont know) obviously the box's wont be connected to a phone line as mine hasnt been for 4 years now without problem and he wouldnt connect his box to the internet so they wouldnt know it was at a different address or would they???

Someone please tell me this would work

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This use to happen that is why sky asked that the second box had to be connected to a phone line. I know they people got away with it but I wondering if things have moved on. I think you can only get a multiroom skyq boxs now and they work by over your wifi network. I am not even sure if the new sky multirooms box's use cards. Maybe someone who has one can answer that for you.

Just done a google search.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/SKYQ-Multiroom-Do-I-need-a-viewing-card-for-this-box/td-p/2650381

Can't see why it can't be with sky cause it's 2 viewing cards and 2 boxes one account with multi room when I was with sky I never had the multiroom box connected to phone line it was viewing card for each box you could always ring and ask them but I'm sure multiroom boxes don't need phone line too them

They are supposed to be connected to the same line. However a lot of people get away with not doing it. So it depends if your a lucky person or if like me your unlucky (I would be the one they picked to get the boxes to callback)

"Im thinking that surely it wouldnt be this simple or more people would do it (maybe they do and i just dont know) "

This is actually so widespread I'm amazed Sky hasn't clamped down on it.

If you ever go into one of the (quite literally) thousands of pubs in Benidorm you will find a UK spec Sky box which I'm betting will be a multiroom box.

The question is though that this may be classed as a new install. Even if you already have a box they may make you get the skyq multiroom box. These new box's don't have a cards and work off of the main box downstairs via your wifi setup.

That is how Sky are clamping down. All new multiroom are skyq so must be connected to the same Internet connection as the first box. Don't change over from HD!

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

So to pick back up on this, could I join sky and order myself a sky + box online, plug the box in and use the viewing card from the sky q box? I'd assume I'd need two viewing cards but i could probably bluff them into send me two?

I'm not a massive fan of iptv and need other options. :/

All cards are now paired to each box. So one card paired to a skyq box will not work in another box unless you go online and pair that card up to a sky+ box, but then it will stop working on the skyq box. I know what your trying to do but i think sky will be on top of it.

Well after looking into it a bit more yes it is possible if you already have multiroom as it used to be (with 2 boxs and 2 cards)
The problem lies with a new or reconnection.
I have the 2 boxs and 2 cards but after speaking with customer services they wont reactivate my second card and say the only room for me to have multiroom is to upgrade to sky q.
I told them that i unable to have any more connections on my wifi as i currently have 9 connections and when i try adding another device it becomes unstable and suffer lost connections and the router will often reboot which would cause my viewing to be disrupted.
I also argued that after being charged £150 for a sky+hd box the last time i took multi room i begrudge now having to pay more for a sky q box.
They have passed my case onto the next level (whatever that means) and am to recieve a call within 72 hours.
The problem is now the offer i had on my account for sky sports for £9 has now been removed and they want near 30 quid extra so iptv looks like the route i am gonna have to go down.
Dont know what my mate is gonna do though

Well after looking into it a bit more yes it is possible if you already have multiroom as it used to be (with 2 boxs and 2 cards)
The problem lies with a new or reconnection.
I have the 2 boxs and 2 cards but after speaking with customer services they wont reactivate my second card and say the only room for me to have multiroom is to upgrade to sky q.
I told them that i unable to have any more connections on my wifi as i currently have 9 connections and when i try adding another device it becomes unstable and suffer lost connections and the router will often reboot which would cause my viewing to be disrupted.
I also argued that after being charged £150 for a sky+hd box the last time i took multi room i begrudge now having to pay more for a sky q box.
They have passed my case onto the next level (whatever that means) and am to recieve a call within 72 hours.
The problem is now the offer i had on my account for sky sports for £9 has now been removed and they want near 30 quid extra so iptv looks like the route i am gonna have to go down.
Dont know what my mate is gonna do though

The next level team with Sly is customer relations team mate they will look to see if they can do anything for you

The next level team with Sly is customer relations team mate they will look to see if they can do anything for you
Ok cheers. Unless they drop the price of the sky sports package back down to 9 quid then i dont think i will be doing it though. £27.50 is an absolute joke. Even this idea of dedicated channels is a joke.
18 quid for 1 channel but football is split over 2. Plus the main event channel for nfl and darts (if thats the channel they are on) means i need minimum 3 channels which puts it to £26 i really dont watch enough to justify paying that

Back