can somebody explain iptv to a newbie please

devers

hi, i have been trying to get my head around all these different aspects of the set ups and am getting really confused. could somebody please explain iptv to me, and the different lines? lines are subs/gifts yes?
cheers

---------- Post Merged at 10:24 PM ----------

also, what are nlines and clines, differences, what they do? sorry for the threads, cant figure some of this out.

IPTV = internet protocol television This is tv channels sent from a payserver over the internet to a receiving device such as pc or android box or many other devices.
Clines/Nlines are lines of code purchased by you to be inserted into the firmware on your sat/cable box to enable you to watch the encrypted channels.
Cline for CCcam and Nline for mgcamds [read up]
Nline is usually classed as more stable than Cline but depends on server quality.
Lots of info can be found all over this site and obviously on google.
Reaper.

I think the big difference between IPTV and C and N lines is that you are streaming the whole time on IPTV and only small packets on the C and N lines. This is important if you only have a small package (oo-er missus) for your internet.

thanks for your replys lads, seems i have a lot more research to do, at least now i have an idea of where to start. just a quick question, can i have both iptv and n/c lines running on the same box at the same time? iptv seems handy for the 3pm football thats not on tv.

I think the big difference between IPTV and C and N lines is that you are streaming the whole time on IPTV and only small packets on the C and N lines. This is important if you only have a small package (oo-er missus) for your internet.

Plus iptv you do not need sat dish or cable tv point to be available only internet connection

A lot of people have trouble with iptv it requires good internet (download speed and ping also needs to be stable)

I know a guy who sells the IPTV box.. He sets them up for about 120 but your paying $70 for a year of every channel including the american channels. I went with the Openbox as I thought it was the better one to go with as the internet isn't the most reliable thing and the speed is another thing. I didn't want to pay for an IPTV box iand pay £120, The same that has cost me to set up a sky dish and a openbox wth 24month gift. But each to their own.

if you have fibre optic internet you will be fine with iptv and it is normally very stable. which ever, solution you choose the ping rate needs to be stable, otherwise you will experience glitching.
good points
1. most sports hd channels available
2 can get 3pm kick offs
bad points
1 would need fibre optic as a minimum
2. the subs can be more expensive
3. no 7 day epg

Last edited:
thanks lads.
ok so i done a ping test, ping 27ms jitter 2ms

is this good?

i think i am going to go with zgemma 2s. maybe order today or tomorrow and should have it by friday. cant wait to try setting up, but i think i will need a lot of luck and a lot of help lol

---------- Post Merged at 01:43 PM ----------

thanks @mike123. what is the box and set up you use?

I have xpeed lx2 dual sat tuner space for a cable tuner if you like you can get iptv as well on all enigma 2 boxes. fully supported by vix. however, according to others on the forum zgemma is a good box however, this is not officially supported by vix although modified versions are available plus other images are supported. I only mention the vix image as it is known to be the best image for enigma boxes.

thanks lads.

is this good?

i think i am going to go with zgemma 2s. maybe order today or tomorrow and should have it by friday. cant wait to try setting up, but i think i will need a lot of luck and a lot of help lol

Are you using Virgin broadband?

thanks lads.

is this good?

no, vodafone 100m, but when ever i do speed test its always around the 70m mark. its the best option to me, i live in the west of ireland

I'm just looking at setting up IPTV on my zgemma, I'm on virgin so think I'll need a vpn first, can anyone recommend a cheapish but good vpn? Also is there a section to request IPTV sub, couldnt see one?

thanks lads.

is this good?

no, vodafone 100m, but when ever i do speed test its always around the 70m mark. its the best option to me, i live in the west of ireland

FTTC then

The ping and jitter result what is that from?

No IPTV on openbox/Skybox/libertview (call 'em what you wish, they are all the same)

Back