Can Virgin tell?

evelrob

Does anyone know for sure if Virgin can tell if your using a non official box on their network?
I have read some where that they can see how many devices are connected to your network, so if you have heavy bandwidth usage would they then assume that you must be using an unofficial box?
especially if you have only got BB with them.
I do remember receiving a warning letter from them back in the Eurovox days.
Is there any way to protect our selves from such a scenario?

Yes they can see what is on your network if you are using there superhub.
I was speaking to them on the phone over the weekend as I was setting up a seperate personal router and put there router into modem mode but it wasn't going into modem mode correctly. VM remoted in to the hub and he told me he could see my personnel router and my laptop.

go to your box> menu>system>network>mount setup> change host> change name of Zgamma to playstation and then ok and exit.
now reboot the box from the socket and your vm router will see the box as a playstation

go to your box> menu>system>network>mount setup>mount manager> change host> change name of Zgemma to playstation and then ok and exit.
now reboot the box from the socket and your vm router will see the box as a playstation

To answer your question. No they can't. But I CAN! Get off babestation. It's burning into your screen.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk

Back