Can virgin track you

paulies

Hi

I have a quick question I am thinking about getting a zgemma h2h for VM and was wondering can VM track what your doing with there connection that comes into the house? Would they know it was been used illegally?

Thanks

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Hi

I have a quick question I am thinking about getting a zgemma h2h for VM and was wondering can VM track what your doing with there connection that comes into the house? Would they know it was been used illegally?

Thanks

More than likely they will, but wouldn't worry too much about it pal ; )

They only really tend to focus on the providers as there's far too many end users to chase them all.

It's the wife I have to convince :) so If I used just use sky I would be even less trackable using VPN.

Everything goes down the cable. It's the box that decrypts it
They don't send the signal to your house
If there is a cable it will go down it

Nothing to worry about
Even with you line over there Internet. It a line of code that is mixed in with everything else that you do

Hi paulies , You asked a very similir question, i am worried about. This is my situation , I have been told by Virgin that i had to use their new hub 3 by 31st March or they would stop my broadband. ( i had a scientific one from way back when). I have now connected it etc and all works fine. the worry i have is that when i log into the dash ( ie 192.168 ... etc ), i can see it dectects every single device conected to it . And i mean everything!! ipods,Mobiles laptops and my zgemma box ). Am i worrying over nothing ? and even so i would like to delete all those devices from showing up as this feels very big brother scary!
Thank you!

Go into the zgemma and you can change the name of the device,Put it down as an xbox 360 and they wont know the difference

Hi newby

I just use there hub in modem mode and use a separate router with VPN installed that should stop them spying on the devices that are connected.

Thanks moshibeth. changed the name and shows up as xbox. I will disable the router and use it as a modem only with my router (would have been made redundant anyway) as paulies has done, as im just not comfortable with the idea of virgin ( and whoever else) having access to all this info.
Thank you for the quick replies ! and also sorting it out for now and for what i can do as well
Cheers

For the record, even if they do see you have a zgemma connected, the boxes themselves aren't illegal. They're FTA receivers, just happens that you can do other things with a little modification...

And anyway, there's very little chance they'll come after the end users as there's far too many.

VM cannot insist you use their corrupt hub3 or they will cut you off---just tell them it's illegal and your contract does not insist you use their equipment because they are just a broadband provider to your house---it's totally your choice if you wish to use your own cable modem/router.
Reaper.

Thats interesting what you said reaper,but the letter i got never gave me a choice at all Here is what they(VM) said "If you do not upgrade by the 30th March your old bit of broadband kit will stop working and you will not be able to enjoy our fastest broadband speeds or wireless connectivity. If you choose not to upgrade we will remove your broadband service from your account and amend your bill accordingly"
I wasnt happy and felt i was at their mercy but couldnt do much, even when i rang to say everything was fine and i didn’t need or wanted their new hub. You are right the new hub is rubbish, Its the size of a brick, wifi signals are c%$p and i feel i have taken few steps back with this so called upgrade. I am so p off with this bit of kit!!!

Back