Can you watch your enigma 2 channels outside your house network?

XSONY_NGUX

TK Veteran
I am guessing you can't because openwebif requires you to connect to the box which means you would need to be on the same network.

So is it possible?

Anyone know of a good up-to-date step-by-step guide to viewing outside your network with openwebif please?

have a look here before evan attempting to view outside of network http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/85471-externally-viewing-your-box-warning.html?highlight= then read here http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/79493-vix-error-stuck-boot.html after that ask yourself is it worth the hassle to setup to view outside of network

Lmao i'm good, i'll stick with cracking accounts for sky go or using live tv from cydia.

Cheers :P

---------- Post Merged at 11:08 PM ----------

huge security risk on you home network if you do, i wouldnt do it

I see thanks for the info.

cable and sat boxes were designed to be used on tv while sitting in a chair been comfy lol,can i ask if i can get the kettle switched on lol,modernization.

It definitely works I have tried sand got it working on 4g but like it's been said its a security risk I guess with port forwarding. Also I never managed to do it on webif and instead used the Vu+ app on my iPhone worked great.

The Slingbox is great. Got a refurbed Pro-HD for £35 on ebay.

The big downside I can see is that because of the Zgemma's limited connectivity you can only get SD through the composite connection.

(I may have a go at improving this by using an adapter to go HDMI on the Zemma to Component on the Slingbox, and running back to the TV via Component.)

There's is another way you could use to view channels remotely... create a VPN connection into your home network. It's a bit more secure than port forwarding and if you have a decent home router it's fairly easy to do and all contained within that.

Either option requires a huge amount of upload bandwidth on your WAN connection however which is likely to limit the experience.

There's is another way you could use to view channels remotely... create a VPN connection into your home network. It's a bit more secure than port forwarding and if you have a decent home router it's fairly easy to do and all contained within that.

Either option requires a huge amount of upload bandwidth on your WAN connection however which is likely to limit the experience.

Any guides on how to do this
?

If you've no idea, a good starting point is here: How to Set Up Your Own Home VPN Server

Your options to start with are:
1) Use a router that has VPN capabilities built in (typically high end routers - not your VM Superhub!)
2) Use a router where you can install DDWRT (Lots of hardware out there, but it's not a straight forward process).
3) Host you own VPN server on a PC (So you will need a PC which is always switched on on your network if you go down this path).

Back